Thread: Rasmussen: People like living where guns allowed

Rasmussen: People like living where guns allowed

Rasmussen Friday: Americans like living where guns are allowed

Rasmussen Reports today revealed that an overwhelming majority of American voters “prefer living in a neighborhood where they have the option of owning a gun than to live where nobody is allowed to be armed.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/rasm...ns-are-allowed

Wow, really? People like living in places where the government doesn't treat them like children? Shocking! I'm sorry, is my sarcasm dripping on your shoes?

I've seen a high correlation between those that view the Second Amendment as protecting the right of the states to raise a militia and those that believe we live in a democracy. Next time I meet a person like that I'll point out polls like this. Further evidence of people wanting freedom over a government promise of safety is the increasing number of states that have enacted permitless carry laws. I saw a lot of activity in the news on permitless carry bills for a few weeks but this last week I've seen little.

I made a prediction about constitutional carry before on this forum but I don't recall exactly what it was, it was either 40 states by 2040, or 45 state by 2045, will have constitutional carry. Either one works really, it's just a matter on how one extrapolates the curve.

I've read US history and I see parallels between alcohol prohibition and what is happening now with federal controls on guns and drugs. The major difference between alcohol prohibition and current law on guns and some drugs is the time scale. Alcohol prohibition played out in about a decade, its going to take a century for these current prohibitions to disappear.

It seems to me that Prohibition really died when the states no longer wanted to enforce federal law. We see this now with marijuana being legalized on the state level. We've seen this also in gun law but it does not seem to get reported in mainstream news, states are considering gun laws that are in violation of federal law.

Here's the problem I see, even though Prohibition ended nearly a century ago we still have "revenuers" in the government. Things did not revert to how they were before, the government grew but it did not shrink back to the size it was before. Can it be different this time? Can we see government shrink? I hope so, the government leash has become a noose.
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.

The Feral Government certainly needs to be re-confined to the cage it belongs in.

Woody
    http://oklahomafirearmservices.com/
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

Quote Originally Posted by ConstitutionCowboy View Post
    The Feral Government certainly needs to be re-confined to the cage it belongs in.

Woody
    No kidding!!
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow