Thread: Walker in, now watch the heel-nippers

Walker in, now watch the heel-nippers

Walker in, made Wis. 49th CCW state, can 2A critics be far behind?

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker yesterday made it official by becoming the 15th Republican seeking his party’s nomination to run for president next year, and now the clock is running to see how long it will take some Second Amendment internet purist to start beating him up.

http://www.examiner.com/article/walk...-be-far-behind

Good article Dave. I particularly liked this paragraph:

Boilerplate, perhaps, but it’s the kind of rhetoric that will find appeal among millions of law-abiding gun owners who have been under attack simply because they own firearms. They’re not the ones who pulled the trigger in Charleston, or on that San Francisco pier, or Seattle’s Café Racer, Aurora’s movie theater, Oregon’s shopping mall or Virginia’s university campus. Yet measures ostensibly designed to prevent that sort of thing have really only penalized the citizens who didn’t commit the crime.
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

I'm glad you pointed out that all the pro-2a nit-pickers will be after him. It's good to hear both sides of a story, but I fear a lot of the motivation behind that nit-picking is just gossip-mongering. Same syndrome.

I'm not about to commit to supporting Governor Walker, but I think I'll commit to listening to his statements somewhat more attentively than to others.

Congrats on being among the top 100. I'm among the top 394,278 pro-gunners, myself.

Shame Gura and Gottleie didn't make the list. The "top 100" list that is, not the "top 394,279" list.

Terry, 230RN
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)