Thread: GRPC opens in Phoenix

UPDATE: GRPC opens in Phoenix

30th annual Gun Rights Conference opens in Phoenix

Last night there was plenty of discussion among Second Amendment activists gathered in Phoenix for the 30th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC) regarding the resignation of House Speaker John Boehner, and today there will probably be more as the “main event” unfolds at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel.

http://www.examiner.com/article/30th...-opens-phoenix
    Last edited by Dave Workman; September 27th, 2015 at 09:45 AM.

GRPC in Phoenix: Bloomy independent run wouldn’t be popular here

If the crowd at yesterday’s opening session of the 30th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference in Phoenix had read the Newsmax speculation on Michael Bloomberg’s possible run for president as an independent, the groans might have been heard all the way to New York City.

http://www.examiner.com/article/grpc...e-popular-here

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    GRPC in Phoenix: Bloomy independent run wouldn’t be popular here

If the crowd at yesterday’s opening session of the 30th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference in Phoenix had read the Newsmax speculation on Michael Bloomberg’s possible run for president as an independent, the groans might have been heard all the way to New York City.

http://www.examiner.com/article/grpc...e-popular-here
    God help us if he does run!
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    God help us if he does run!
    Might be nice if he splits the ticket on the left, though...

Woody
    http://oklahomafirearmservices.com/
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

Quote Originally Posted by ConstitutionCowboy View Post
    Might be nice if he splits the ticket on the left, though...

Woody
    Good point!
    That thought had not occurred to me.
    Who do you think he would affect the most?
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Good point!
    That thought had not occurred to me.
    Who do you think he would affect the most?
    Not sure. If it keeps any and all leftists out of office, I think it would affect us freedom lovers in a good way, though.

Woody
    http://oklahomafirearmservices.com/
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

Why is it the Democrat party gets behind the final choice and seldom split their vote? While the Republican party seems to break into different groups at the drop of a hat?

I haven't decided who is going to get my vote next year. One will start to stand out then they make a telling comment like people in cities don't need firearms or we need to help illegals.
    When and how did I become a senior member? Remember don't drink the Kool-aid!!

J.J.

Quote Originally Posted by Grmlin View Post
    Why is it the Democrat party gets behind the final choice and seldom split their vote? While the Republican party seems to break into different groups at the drop of a hat?
    My best guess is this, Democrats have a much larger infrastructure of control over its organization. They've created this money "loop" by backing labor unions, energy subsidies, public education, and so on where these people get government money because they vote Democrats into office. They get money from the government, they give money to keep voting these people into office.

Small government types don't like government subsidies, they'd rather be left alone. This inherently means people that don't like to join groups will not gather together to prop up one candidate. This also leads to differing, but not necessarily opposing, views on how one gets the goal of a smaller government. This means that Tea Party people tend to come from Republican circles. This also means we see competing Tea Parties in one community.

This reminds me of a joke, it's long so bear with me.

A man goes for a walk and as he approaches a bridge he sees a man stepping over the handrail, no doubt about to jump to his death. He runs up to the man, "Please stop, sir! Think about what you are doing!"

"I have thought about it. I see nothing of worth in my life any more."

"I too was once in your situation, until I found God. Tell me, sir, do you believe in Jesus Christ?"

"I do."

"I am a Protestant, are you?"

"I am."

"I'm an Episcopalian."

"I am as well."

"Reformed or not?"

"Reformed."

"Reformation of 1702 or of 1868?"

"Reformation of 1868."

"Heathen!" and then he pushed the man off the bridge.

I think that often Republicans are too busy arguing over small things on where they disagree that they forget about where they agree.

Before someone calls me names for picking on Episcopalians just don't. I could have just as easily picked Fords and Chevys, or Packers and Bears. That's just how I heard the joke, except for the dates, I just picked those out of the air.
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.

To true, the freebies are also a great incentive for the lazy, self entitled jack wagons to keep electing worthless politicians. Hopefully a good choice will emerge.
    When and how did I become a senior member? Remember don't drink the Kool-aid!!

J.J.