+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let's Talk About Life After This Election

Let's Talk About Life After This Election

What kind of an ethical battle will we find ourselves in on November 9th? Will we have to surrender our personal sovereignty to Hilary or the Donald, or will we be compelled to justly resist?

Woody
    http://oklahomafirearmservices.com/
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

I think either way it goes we are in trouble. A lot more trouble if killery wins, she is in no way fit to be president. With her in the white house we will see our rights dissolve before our eyes. The republicans in office will pay lip service to trying to stop her appointments but they don't have what it really takes to stand up to the Dems. With DJT we have someone we are not sure can do the job, personally I would rather have the blowhard billionaire business man than the lying, blood on her hands criminal.

If Donald wins the liberals are going to go crazy and I believe these supposedly open minded, tolerant, people will show their true colors and resort to violence, not that they haven't already.

If Killery wins true conservatives will not support her and yes a possibility of violence but I don't believe the supposedly radical right wing gun nuts are as violent as the left wing liberal nut jobs.
    When and how did I become a senior member? Remember don't drink the Kool-aid!!

J.J.

Grmlin - FWIW, I think you are correct. It IS going to be a rough time regardless of the winner.

A "businessman" as opposed to a pathological liar, a traitorous "dominatrix" - Life in America isn't going to be pretty either way.

If the dems/libs DO show their true colors if Trump wins, my bet is that many of the troublemakers will be BLM or certain "union" people (SEIU in particular). Of course, they won't want to risk their cowardly butts and be on the "front lines". They will hype up the parasitic drones with all kinds of inflammatory harangues (more lies and deceptions) to get them to turn them into "cannon fodder".

That might not necessarily be a bad thing however as it would see a reduction in the "47%".
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club (huntingclub.com)
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

Quote Originally Posted by ConstitutionCowboy View Post
    What kind of an ethical battle will we find ourselves in on November 9th? Will we have to surrender our personal sovereignty to Hilary or the Donald, or will we be compelled to justly resist?

Woody
    Where I see an ethical battle that may be deserving the need to resist with actions like civil disobedience is the restrictions on ammunition transfers in California. I expect this law and laws like it in other states to be challenged in the courts.

On the federal level, with a Trump administration, I don't expect to see our personal sovereignty be infringed upon any more than they already are. The federal government has been doing many things they should not have for a very long time. I don't know how far the Trump administration will go to dismantle this government "big brother"-ism that has developed. I just don't expect it to get any worse is all.

While this is a forum dedicated to the advancement of our individual right to keep and bear arms I do see other matters of civil rights and government policy that should be discussed. I'll list a few below.

-Energy:
    The cost of energy has always been an issue and will likely continue to be. We need nuclear power because if we squander the opportunity that the readily available oil and coal reserves has given us to go from a hunter-gatherer culture to an industrial and agricultural society. If we don't use this opportunity to develop a replacement for those fossil fuels in a way that is even more plentiful then future generations will be forever locked in as a hunter-gatherer society. As much as the tree huggers will claim that the sun, wind, and rain will provide all the energy we need the truth is that it simply cannot. We need nuclear power and the sooner we get it as a primary energy source the better off we and our descendants will be.

-Marijuana:
    As someone that believes in personal liberty I believe that people have the right to make poor choices. It is not the role of the government to treat adults like children and punish people for abusing drugs. This is a lesson people will have to learn on their own. Those that choose to use marijuana in moderation should not be treated as abusers. While I believe marijuana is not a good habit to pick up I also do not see the harm in the occasional use any more than I see the harm in having an alcoholic drink or a cigar once in a while. Also, as someone that has had to deal with chronic pain I would like to see research in marijuana for medical use, especially its potential to treat pain.

I had other issues to bring up but they've skipped my mind right now. That's also probably enough for now anyway.
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.

It's laborious to seek out knowledgeable folks on this topic, but you sound like you already know what youre talking about! Thanks

Grmlin, your November 7 analysis is turning out to be spot on!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Grmlin, your November 7 analysis is turning out to be spot on!
    I agree. Look at all the conniptions the left leaning MSM is in, too. They are standing there, mouth agape, slack jawed, in utter disbelief that they couldn't lead the election in the direction they wanted.

I don't hear violins scoring out melodies of sympathy for them, either. All I hear from the left leaning MSM is their cacophonic "Hummina hummina hummina ..."

Woody
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

Quote Originally Posted by ConstitutionCowboy View Post
    I agree. Look at all the conniptions the left leaning MSM is in, too. They are standing there, mouth agape, slack jawed, in utter disbelief that they couldn't lead the election in the direction they wanted.

I don't hear violins scoring out melodies of sympathy for them, either. All I hear from the left leaning MSM is their cacophonic "Hummina hummina hummina ..."

Woody
    Yep, the minds are blown and the bodies in a complete meltdown state! The 8 agonizing years with Americas worse President seem almost worthwhile,while watching this self destruction of a now poisonous, political party.

How low can these Stalinist's go? Only The Shadow knows!

Yep, the minds are blown and the bodies in a complete meltdown state! The 8 agonizing years with Americas worse President seem almost worthwhile,while watching this self destruction of a now poisonous, political party.

How low can these Stalinist's go? Only The Shadow knows!

Yup. Keep an eye on the Shadow!

Woody

JD - considering how correct your prognostication became, is it possible your real name is "Lamont Cranston"?
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club (huntingclub.com)
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

If what Trump espoused last night(02/28/2017) in his speech to Congress comes to pass, life ought to be looking up.

While Trump did mention the violence in Chicago, etc., I did notice that he didn't mention the RKBA, which, if un-infringed, would be the best way to diminish the violent criminal element on the streets through attrition.

Woody

"The weed of crime bears bitter fruit.
    Crime does not pay!
    The Shadow Knows!"
    "A knight is sworn to valor; his heart knows only virtue; his might upholds the weak; his word speaks only truth, and his wrath undoes the wicked."

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    JD - considering how correct your prognostication became, is it possible your real name is "Lamont Cranston"?

Thanks for the compliment! Next to J.D., Lamont and Mr. Keene, Tracer of Lost Persons, were my favorite 1940's and early '50's radio characters. Those were glorious days where you could let your imagination roam listening to the Golden Age of Radio.

It only lasted from 1930 to 1955 but it was a great time to be alive, young and listening.

+ Reply to Thread