Thread: Brady camp admits working with Hollywood

Brady camp admits working with Hollywood

Anti-gun Spokesman Admits ‘Partnership’ to ‘Influence Hollywood’ on Guns

A spokesman for the anti-gun-rights Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence unintentionally confirmed what may in the gun rights community have long suspected, that Hollywood and gun control proponents cooperate to incorporate a gun control message into entertainment.

http://libertyparkpress.com/anti-gun...ywood-on-guns/

And don't forget the Entertainment Industry Council's guide to depiction of firearms:
    http://www.eiconline.org/topic-areas...n-suggestions/

Note the irony in the link name
    The only common sense gun regulations were written about 227 years ago.

Ban gangs, not guns!

I wonder what it would take for them to change their tune ...

Woody
    http://oklahomafirearmservices.com/
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

The only way hollywood would change their tune would be if every gun owner/constitutionalist stopped watching TV and movies (including family). I honestly do not see that happening. I have sent multiple email to CBS about someof it's shows and stopped watching a few and told them. Unfortunately they have the shows I like.
    When and how did I become a senior member? Remember don't drink the Kool-aid!!

J.J.

Until it effects box office for Hollyweird or loss of sponsors for network TV, nothing will change.

Woody
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

Quote Originally Posted by ConstitutionCowboy View Post
    Until it effects box office for Hollyweird or loss of sponsors for network TV, nothing will change.

Woody
    You have to penalize them where they will feel it, no matter what. That means in their "pocketbooks".

And this is all the more reason NOT to watch the following shows. We could also write the advertisers and advise them that sales of their products will be diminished as long as they support these shows/movies, etc.

But then came the story in which Brady Campaign press secretary Brendan Kelly stated, “Miss Sloane marks another chapter in Brady’s partnership with Hollywood to integrate the realities of gun violence into entertainment. We’ve consulted on scripts for powerhouse television shows including The Good Wife and Grey’s Anatomy.”
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

Stop watching tv/movies. Like the above poster noted, hit them hard in their wallet.
    Knowing how to handle pressure is necessary for survival.-Admiral James Stockdale

I see no changes coming in Hollywood, ever. I've been a movie addict all my life and a TV fan until about 20 years ago, and if anything, the town is more liberal than ever.

We all knew that Bogart, Fredric March, Gregory Peck and so many big stars were lefties, but nobody pushed it back in the 30's through the 50's. And you had big names like John Wayne and James Stewart who were openly Republican.

The 1960's and Viet Nam changed all that and now most Hollywood conservatives have to keep a low profile or find themselves out of work. Tinsel Town is now just as divided as the rest of this country.

It's pathetic.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    I see no changes coming in Hollywood, ever. I've been a movie addict all my life and a TV fan until about 20 years ago, and if anything, the town is more liberal than ever.

We all knew that Bogart, Fredric March, Gregory Peck and so many big stars were lefties, but nobody pushed it back in the 30's through the 50's. And you had big names like John Wayne and James Stewart who were openly Republican.

The 1960's and Viet Nam changed all that and now most Hollywood conservatives have to keep a low profile or find themselves out of work. Tinsel Town is now just as divided as the rest of this country.

It's pathetic.
    I just don't see what's in it for them to be so loosie-goosie liberal, immoral, and hostile to everything this country stands for that in turn has supplied then with the opportunity become wealthy. All I can see is insanity.

Woody

Ideology always Trumps common sense with Marxists-Leninists. It will always be about control. They are irrational. However, that disease is a part of the human psyche.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Joe McCarthy stopped blacklisting hollywood's denizens

Quote Originally Posted by P5 Guy View Post
    Joe McCarthy stopped blacklisting hollywood's denizens
    That certainly was a turning point. It is more than coincidence I do believe.

Woody

The problem there was he overdid it.

One change I've noticed recently is that more people than just little old redneck me have been calling them Communists out in the open instead of pussyfooting around with euphemisms like "progressives" and "forward-looking" and the like.

This is possibly because of the more ballsy attitude of our new President, who often seems to reflect the attitudes of the more realistic segments of our society.

That is, rednecks like me. I love the phrase often used nowadays when some <ahem> "progressive" hyperlefty slave dog mouths out some stupid proposal:

"That's how you got Trump."

Yeah, I know. I overdid it, too.

Terry
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by 230RN View Post
    The problem there was he overdid it.

One change I've noticed recently is that more people than just little old redneck me have been calling them Communists out in the open instead of pussyfooting around with euphemisms like "progressives" and "forward-looking" and the like.

This is possibly because of the more ballsy attitude of our new President, who often seems to reflect the attitudes of the more realistic segments of our society.

That is, rednecks like me. I love the phrase often used nowadays when some <ahem> "progressive" hyperlefty slave dog mouths out some stupid proposal:

"That's how you got Trump."

Yeah, I know. I overdid it, too.

Terry
    Amen, Bro!

Woody

Quoted post removed

Welcome to the forum.(I see what you did there with the capitalized "trumps".)

They seek power, ergo, they are corrupt. If it is an infection, it is due to a lack of conscience. They are nefarious to a fault. It is the result of an undeveloped conscience more than it is an infection. No one needs to be trained or inflicted into having no conscience.

I could go on and on.

Woody
    Last edited by Treo; April 2nd, 2019 at 06:54 PM.

I think you're dealing with a spambot, Cowboy.

Johnny Dollar said this on Dec 21st, 2016 at 3:59 PM:

"Ideology always Trumps common sense with Marxists-Leninists. It will always be about control. They are irrational. However, that disease is a part of the human psyche."

Note similarity with JohnRogers of 18 Mar 2019 at 6:51 AM.

"Philosophy dependably Trumps good judgment with Marxists-Leninists. It will dependably be about control. They are unreasonable. In any case, that infection is a piece of the human mind."

Typical of bots to use an earlier post (sometimes slightly re-worded) to establish membership. Note the substitution of "dependably" for "always" in two places. Smacks of an automatic word substitution.

PMing them with friendly requests to "tell us more about yourself" or just "welcome aboard" will usually result in no response. (Or at least I never got one.)

Don't know what to do about it.

Terry, 230RN
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by 230RN View Post
    Don't know what to do about it.

Terry, 230RN
    I do
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

Quote Originally Posted by sdaprof View Post
    And don't forget the Entertainment Industry Council's guide to depiction of firearms:
    http://www.eiconline.org/topic-areas...n-suggestions/

Note the irony in the link name
    I did all those things and by God, you know, it worked,” Brady said.

Quote Originally Posted by mylivecricket View Post
    They seek power, ergo, they are corrupt. If it is an infection, it is due to a lack of conscience. They are nefarious to a fault. It is the result of an undeveloped conscience more than it is an infection. No one needs to be trained or inflicted into having no conscience.
    Well put, all true, and welcome to the forum.

Woody

"It is up to We the People to decide if and when we shall revolt. It is not up to those in government to prevent it. It is up to those in government to see that revolution never becomes necessary." B.E.Wood

Quote Originally Posted by ConstitutionCowboy View Post
    Well put, all true, and welcome to the forum.

Woody

"It is up to We the People to decide if and when we shall revolt. It is not up to those in government to prevent it. It is up to those in government to see that revolution never becomes necessary." B.E.Wood

Sorry Woody but your new friend is a spambot and by the time you read this it will have been airlocked
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Sorry Woody but your new friend is a spambot and by the time you read this it will have been airlocked
    Yup. After going over the thread, I see that all he or she did was to cut and paste something I wrote. (I guess that's why I thought it made such good sense!)

Woody