Thread: NY Times ups rhetoric, Chicago ups body count

NY Times ups rhetoric, Chicago ups body count

Year Winds Down, Anti-Gun Rhetoric Heats Up

As the year winds down, anti-gun rhetoric appears to be warming up, perhaps in an effort to sway Congress and state legislatures from passing pro-rights legislation, including a proposed national concealed carry reciprocity/recognition bill.

http://libertyparkpress.com/year-win...oric-heats-up/

Chicago’s year winding down in ‘death spiral’ toward 800 murders

Depending upon which source of information one accepts, there have been as many as 787 homicides so far this year in Chicago, and there are still three full days remaining in 2016 to drive that number higher.

http://conservativefiringline.com/ch...d-800-murders/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Year Winds Down, Anti-Gun Rhetoric Heats Up

As the year winds down, anti-gun rhetoric appears to be warming up, perhaps in an effort to sway Congress and state legislatures from passing pro-rights legislation, including a proposed national concealed carry reciprocity/recognition bill.

http://libertyparkpress.com/year-win...oric-heats-up/

Chicago’s year winding down in ‘death spiral’ toward 800 murders

Depending upon which source of information one accepts, there have been as many as 787 homicides so far this year in Chicago, and there are still three full days remaining in 2016 to drive that number higher.

http://conservativefiringline.com/ch...d-800-murders/
    As bad as Chicago is, Detroit, St. Louis, New Orleans, Memphis, Newark, Baltimore, several other cities, are 2 and even 3 times worse, homicide wise, per FBI stats.

People tend to forget that Chicago has 2.7 million people within the city limits.

Per 100,000 population, Detroit, Memphis, N.O. and St. Louis have more than double Chi-Towns murder rate.

Chicago is an easy target to bash, with its Capone,Nitti,Daley,Obama,Emanuel roots.

Let's also look around at these other,miserable,leftist controlled cesspools. Please.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

I agree that Chicago is an easy target. But, just as my hometown (which JD mentions -- Detroit), most of the murders are restricted to certain areas, most are either drug or gang related, and most are also black-on-black.

No answers from me. Just a disheartened observer of the sad state of my my hometown and my favorite MidWestern city ...
    Will

Everything I know about cops, their respect for the citizens of this country and its Constitution, as well as the state of policing in this country ... I learned from the Internet.

Considering I live near St. Louis, the local news carries the reports almost daily. Most are just "singles" with very few "multiple" shootings. These same stations also carry the almost daily litany of Chicago's "war".
    Granted, BOTH cities are predominately "black on black" crime and BOTH are controlled by democrats with anti-gun agendas and an unforgivable tolerance of criminal activity. As such, this will continue as long as conditions fail to change.
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club (huntingclub.com)
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow