Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fiala pistol

fiala pistol

does anyone know where i could purchase a magazine for my fiala pistol ?

Mag for rare pistol

Quote Originally Posted by dalebea65@sbcglobal.net View Post
    does anyone know where i could purchase a magazine for my fiala pistol ?
    Best I can tell, these were made briefly in 1920, making them pretty rare. Doubt you will find magazines available. Might be possible to adapt a more common one, or even make one from scratch. If you want a shooter, buy one.

If you want an authentic magazine to complete a collectible, you may be out of luck, to be honest. It appears they made about as many magazines as they made guns. Original spare Fiala magazines just don't appear on the market. The ones that do appear were ones originally issued with a gun and I saw one listed for auction at $200.

If you want to shoot the gun as a repeater, a competent gunsmith may be able to adapt a magazine for a Colt Woodsman or a High Standard semi-auto which are close but not a precise match.

I'll put my Fiala notes out here in case anyone has any more correct information on the subject:

The Fiala manually operated repeating pistol.

The story is it was the brainchild of Arctic explorer Anthony Fiala (b. 1869 – d. 1950). He wanted a .22 pistol/carbine combo but found semiautos did not work well in frigid weather, hence the Fiala manual repeater design with the ergonomics of an automatic pistol. The design was patented by designer Lucius Diehm. Schall & Co. began production in 1920 based on Diehm's patents and Fiala's ideas of what an explorer's weapon should be. Fiala Arms branded pistols have a polar bear logo and 7.5" barrels; Schall branded pistols have 6.5" barrels. Apparently manual repeaters did not sell well in competition with semi-autos in the 1920s and 1930s. The Fiala was marketed by a string of companies between 1920 and 1935; if one went out of business, someone else would buy the inventory and try selling it. There appears to be more speculation than hard data on this gun outside of a few ads, and we all know advertising. (And as I accumulated notes, I shudda kept sources but didn't.)

Gun Trader's Guide 35th edition lists the Fiala Outfitters, Inc. Repeating Pistol good condition $365, new with box $675.
    A complete set would be one frame, 3 barrels in 2.75", 7.5", and 20" lengths, a detachable shoulder stock, and carrying case. The set can go for $3000. Most extant carrying cases have lost their handles, so a set with case with handle is rare.

It does look a little like a Colt Woodsman or High Standard; some people have acquired them and thought they had a "broken" semiauto since it had to be manually operated. My late stepdad had one, he wished he had kept it. They are fairly rare, highly collectible, and were put on the ATF Curio and Relic list, so they can be owned with the shoulder stock.

Major Anthony Fiala of the N.Y. National Guard
    (b. 1869 Jersey City, NJ - d. 1950)
    worked at a newspaper in various positions, from technical to cartoonist
    served in the Spanish-American War (and as as war correspondent for the Brooklyn Daily Eagle)
    wrote the book "Troop 'C' in Service" (1899)
    joined Baldwin-Ziegler Polar expedition, 1901
    commander of the Ziegler Polar Expedition, 1903-1905
    wrote "Fighting the Polar Ice" (1906)
    led the Fiala Polar Expedition, 1908
    (all his Polar expeditions were Arctic)
    went with Theodore Roosevelt's Amazon expedition, 1913-1914
    machine gun company commander Mexican Border War, 1915
    ran Fiala Outfitters, Inc., New York, expedition outfitter
    contributed to the design and manufacture of the Fiala manual repeating pistol, 1920-1923
    figure head for "The Committee For the Defence Of British Homes" which gathered guns in the US for the British Home Guard in WWII
    obituary Brooklyn Daily Eagle very laudatory; he died before his 81st birthday

Like his namesake gun, the man is largely forgotten but it seems he lived a full life.
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.

Interesting read, learned something new today, thanks.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11',14',17' & 18'

“I wanted to draft you a very little note so as to give many thanks the moment again considering the incredible tricks you have provided above. This is quite extremely open-handed of you to allow unreservedly precisely what numerous people could have offered for sale as an ebook in making some dough on their own, particularly now that you might well have done it in case you decided. These secrets in addition served to be the fantastic way to be aware that most people have similar desire the same as mine to find out more around this problem. I am certain there are lots of more enjoyable situations in the future for people who scan through your blog.” Instagram Kommentare Kaufen

After research just a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I really like your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and can be checking again soon. Pls check out my website as properly and let me know what you think. INDIA VISA APPLICATION

Best Engine Oil Beyond Performances is an Amsoil Dealer that provides the best Amsoil diesel oil, amsoil motor oil, best transmission fluid, and engine lubricants. https://beyondperformances.com/

Welcome to the best website of free gamesAll over Latin America, gamegames.com, you will find the largest variety of free online games so you can forget about any boredom time; We have taken care of making a sensational selection of free games for your entertainment. Jueguitos gratis

I’m not certain the place you’re getting your information, but good topic. I must spend some time finding out more or working out more. Thanks for great info I used to be searching for this info for my mission. Solicitud en línea de visa de Canadá

For panel furniture, the interference of dust is very influential. Panana Furniture Online UK 510933426 The elastic mattress uses a spring with good rigidity as the core, and the spring is wrapped with sponge, natural latex, skin-friendly fabric and other materials with excellent elasticity.

Find the best christmas gift boxes ​​ideas and secret Santa gifts that will make the holidays merry and bright. Shop for Christmas gifts in Singapore today. Christmas Gift Ideas – Explore Innerfyre website & make your loved once day special.

You’ve made some decent points there. I did looking about them and found most guys goes together with along with your blog. SEO Manchester

You want prosta stream reviews note we have included our scientific references used in this review at the bottom of it make sure to check them as well if you want table of contents quick prostastream review

Shop Affordable Moissanite Engagement rings for women, Allegra N Co offering Premium collection of cheap moissanite rings ​Including Rose Gold, Oval Moissanite Engagement Rings, Vintage Moissanite Engagement Rings Emerald Cut Moissanite Engagement Rings Free Delivery Across US.

Explore revexpo, A Indian review website, Their article will help you to pick the right helmet camera along with a proper buying guide. A helmet camera is a most useful and very famous gadget in today s generation Also called a micro video camera or a closed circuit camera. They have listed the best Ladies Helmet & Helmets for Men along with a buyers guide.

Dormi Original™ wireless headphones are the most comfortable sleep headband bluetooth headphones. Secured in a soft headband, they are comfortable even for side-sleepers. Shorter charging time, a thinner headband are the most comfortable headphones to sleep in Shop now! & and get 10% OFF your order! sleep headband bluetooth

digitalesque Grow Your Business Our approach is to provide you with an all-in-one package that gives you simple access to a team of experienced professionals.Web Development, Content Creation, Search Engine Optimization, Ad Management, Social Media Management, etc…You can focus on making your business the best it can be, we will bring the people to you. https://www.digitalesque.com

trtrecovery Our dual diagnosis treatment programs incorporate therapy and behavioral management techniques to address both mental illness and addiction in order to help patients achieve full and lasting recovery. http://trtrecovery.com

If You are looking someone to remove black magic from home forever. Click here ​and visit the official and authentic website to remove black magic instantly efficiently Voodoo, spells, curses, programs, entities, spirits, buildings etc, Visit this website and get Free heading video, or get in touch for more detailes. Thank You.

The best eyesight max supplement reviews known as a popular for vision loss and eye care. It's been engineered and preparade by dR. EDWARD knodrot, who has been working in this field for many years, with the goal of improving eyesight and vision health eyesight max supplement reviews

Explore permit expediting chicago | building permit chicago ​& Code Compliances Services, The Best Chicago Permit Expediter & chicago building permits, Permit studio offer chicago permit services, IL, As best chicago permit expediter, our team consists of a variety of talented and passionate professionals with backgrounds in architecture, interior design, planning, construction, and project management. Please visit our website for more info, Thank You

Incoming takeaway service 外賣推介 Recommendation & Promotion|Exclusive free shipping offer|Get Your food at meeting 到會美食 or 2-100 people set meal|Pre-ordered party food delivered on the same day|Kamadelivery.com, They also accept large-scale catering services for large and small birthday parties, banquets, company events, friend gatherings or children's birthday parties, Kama is one of the leading catering service in Hong Kong. 到會外賣

威而剛官網正品限時優惠,產品源自美國,堅持只賣進口威而剛 對於勃起困難的治療效果顯著,增強雄風戰力重拾男人自信,所有產品包裝私密,保護您個人私隱,支持取貨付款。售後有保障,謹防假冒認準https www hatuasolutions com 。 威而鋼

台灣犀利士線上專營 正品超值優惠 犀利士網購認準https www stepspokane com 。大幅增加男人戰鬥力,讓您重拾雄风,尽情享受爱。台灣代理直送免運費,堅持只賣正品有效的犀利士。鐳射商標查詢真偽,官方客戶服務,收貨超安心 犀利士官網

Gurl Cases is all about the unique. We offer a variety of aesthetic phone cases and cute phone cases, designed to add some personality to your phone. Protect your phone in style with a Gurl Case, Please visit our website to get upto 50% off & other exclusive offers, Don't miss it. phone cases