Thread: 223 wylde???

Question 223 wylde???

223 wylde...anyone have any have any experience? I'm starting my first build and think this might be the way to go. I have no experience with this platform, so any help would be awesome. From what I've read it's just a tighter tolerance 5.56. Does it live up to expectations?

I've got three Green Mountian Rifle Barrels with the .223 Wylde chamber. All three are 18" SS but with different twists 1:14, 1:6 and 1:5. All three are also marked for experimental use. These were built to test the market for the feasiblity of those twist. They are make the 1:14 now. It shoots some real tight groups with ammo it likes. That one is on my wifes AR. Still need to test the faster twist with some Mk262 77gr OTMs.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11' & 14'

Thanks, so it's worth while? Just want to make sure I'm on the right track. The gun "expert" at Gander told me I should stay away from the wylde because it is it's own cartridge. Told me to stick with the 5.56 so I had more ammo options. That didn't match my research, so here I am.

That gun "expert" needs to go back to school. There is no .223 Wylde cartridge.

I'm also working towards a build and considering the Wylde chamber, want to make more of a "precision" gun. All I read tends to say the Wylde chamber gives the best of both worlds, handles the pressure of 5.56 Nato rounds but has the better accuracy that a.223Rem chambering can provide.
    The only common sense gun regulations were written about 227 years ago.

Ban gangs, not guns!

Thanks, that's what I thought. I am also looking for good long-ish performance, with somewhat affordable ammo. 300 yards and under. My .243wssm does well, but is getting hard to find, and expensive. Besides I want an ar. If I'm building piece by piece, there is no reason to not go with the best I can afford. I'm thinking coyote more than beer can, but still want to be able to practice.