Thread: Remington 572 Fieldmaster

Remington 572 Fieldmaster

Was just gifted a 572 Fieldmaster pump action that was made in Dec 1961 if I read the barrel code correctly. Barrel length is 23.5", chambered for .22 S/L/LR and has the dual extractors. Rifle is in good condition, some light rust spots on barrel but was kept oiled. Receiver worn down in many areas as it is painted aluminum. Rifle was standing guard in a barn in North Dakota for years. Going to give the rifle to my wife after I add either a vintage V22 or K4 Weaver. Now to go shoot some prairie dogs with it. Good training rifle for my Remington 870 shotguns too.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11' & 14'

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Diver View Post
    Was just gifted a 572 Fieldmaster pump action that was made in Dec 1961 if I read the barrel code correctly. Barrel length is 23.5", chambered for .22 S/L/LR and has the dual extractors. Rifle is in good condition, some light rust spots on barrel but was kept oiled. Receiver worn down in many areas as it is painted aluminum. Rifle was standing guard in a barn in North Dakota for years. Going to give the rifle to my wife after I add either a vintage V22 or K4 Weaver. Now to go shoot some prairie dogs with it. Good training rifle for my Remington 870 shotguns too.

CD
    To say less, my granddad left me with Remington 870. I think it's the best shotgun money can buy. I with my wife sometimes go hunting ducks with it. Talking about oiling the rifle, I use one from top 5 best gun oil. Why? Because of odor, it irritates my wife whenever I oil the gun. She has a very sensitive nose! I would recommend the same for you if you are worried about odors, but if not, any oil can be good to go for you. You can also recommend any gun oil with no odor that you might have used, or you are using at the moment. Will appreciate it.

Mounted a vintage Weaver V22 scope on top.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11' & 14'