Thread: Can anyone help identify these guns.......I inherited 2 and I am clueless

Can anyone help identify these guns.......I inherited 2 and I am clueless

Hi I have inherited 2 of these guns and they use powder to fire. Clueless can anyone help? Are they worth anything?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't have a clue, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts all that inlay is silver.

Woody
    http://oklahomafirearmservices.com/
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

Quote Originally Posted by zuniga View Post
    Hi I have inherited 2 of these guns and they use powder to fire. Clueless can anyone help? Are they worth anything?
    I'm very much not an expert, just a guy who's read quite a bit and is interested in everything...

Based on other stuff I've seen I'd say Eastern origin - Middle Eastern or possibly Indian sub-continent (modern India, Pakistan, Afghanistan). If they were European I'd say mid-17th to mid- 18th C based upon the style and the simplicity of the flintlocks, but in those areas the technology didn't change much from that period until the mid to late 19th C...

IANAPGA (I Am Not a Professional Gun Appraiser ;-) )
    I'm a skinny, rather geeky, over-educated Englishman living in the small-town MidWest who believes in the 2nd Amendment and the RKBA... my existence messes with people's stereotypes :-)

Value will depend on details of condition and origin. Could be anything from a few hundred to an easy 5 figures...

You need a museum or auction house expert to look at them if you're thinking of selling.
    I'm a skinny, rather geeky, over-educated Englishman living in the small-town MidWest who believes in the 2nd Amendment and the RKBA... my existence messes with people's stereotypes :-)