Thread: An interesting gun quiz

An interesting gun quiz

How well can you do?

Locked and Loaded: Take a Shot at Our Firearms Quiz

http://quizzes.howstuffworks.com/qui...TnS4m1htNwPnfQ
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club (huntingclub.com)
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

26 out of 30.

Woody
    http://oklahomafirearmservices.com/
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

25 out 30. I was perfect until the last 7.
    Thank you for the quiz. Good mental exercise!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    25 out 30. I was perfect until the last 7.
    Thank you for the quiz. Good mental exercise!
    Yeah, that's where I stumbled as well.

Woody
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

28 out of 30
    "A knight is sworn to valor; his heart knows only virtue; his might upholds the weak; his word speaks only truth, and his wrath undoes the wicked."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeto View Post
    28 out of 30
    Excellent score!

Woody

29 out of 30.

My miss was a brain fart on the Colt question. Their answer was right. My coffee was weak this morning or the moon was in the wrong sign of the Zodiak or something.

I think the questions and answers were well researched. Some of the comments were probably not vetted with the researchers. .... I will [question] the comment after the answer on:

Question 21. Which semi-automatic weapon with a large-capacity magazine became infamous after appearing in surveillance footage of the Columbine massacre?
    Correct Answer!
    [true]A frame taken from a video surveillance camera in the Columbine cafeteria clearly shows Dylan Klebold carrying a [blippetyblip] in one gloved hand.[/true] [false] In the aftermath of the shooting, the [blippetyblip] became a potent symbol for the gun-control lobby and was included in the 1994 Federal Assault Weapons ban.[/false]

False because the Columbine Massacre was 20 Apr 1999 in the fifth year of the 1994 AWB and the ninth year of the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990. That comment makes me wonder how many people would think the Assault Weapon Ban and the Gun Free School Zones Act were a response to the Columbine High School Massacre?
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.

27/30

I don't feel too bad about not knowing the details of a failed attempt to assassinate president Ford...

Should probably have known HundK beat ol' Gaston to the polymer-framed handgun, though...

And as for the dueling pistols question... well that all depends on the date, doesn't? I've seen plenty of percussion dueling sets...
    I'm a skinny, rather geeky, over-educated Englishman living in the small-town MidWest who believes in the 2nd Amendment and the RKBA... my existence messes with people's stereotypes :-)

Red face

Excellent score.
    Thank you for the quiz.