Thread: Hog hunting

Hog hunting

Kill the pigs

There are times when Americans must take a stand against growing threats of abuse, property destruction and public safety, and according to NBC’s TODAY show Friday morning, this may be one of those times when citizens with guns can step forward and make a difference.

http://www.examiner.com/article/kill-the-pigs

You are right. Yep, it's time for hunters to go after the hogs.

Wild hogs here have reached vermin status. i'm a long time dedicated hog killer. We have caught over 200 hogs since September, 2012. i have hunted and killed another 20 or so this year. We stopped trapping in April due to the heat and the need to check the traps every day.

i caught hades on a hunting website for posting a photo. How could i "shoot helpless hogs in a trap gad, it's awful". This is the photo:

This is Osama bin Laden. Was after that hog for a long time:

Quote Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
    You are right. Yep, it's time for hunters to go after the hogs.

Wild hogs here have reached vermin status. i'm a long time dedicated hog killer. We have caught over 200 hogs since September, 2012. i have hunted and killed another 20 or so this year. We stopped trapping in April due to the heat and the need to check the traps every day.

i caught hades on a hunting website for posting a photo. How could i "shoot helpless hogs in a trap gad, it's awful". This is the photo:

This is Osama bin Laden. Was after that hog for a long time:

Interesting, vegetarians on a hunting forum.( people who complain about pigs shot in traps apparently don't think about where their farm raised bacon comes from.)
    "But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." Dalai Lama

http://texasguntalk.com/

nor do they know how cows are killed in the slaughter houses, packaged and shipped to the grocery stores.

I've got feral hogs here in my county according to the local game warden however, they haven't come onto the gamelands I hunt. I would love to have some pork to mix with the venison for sausage.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11',14',17' & 18'

shooting hogs in a trap

The Tennessee rules are available: feral hogs are vermin to be exterminated. See item 2 about pigs in traps: by law they cannot leave the trap alive.

Landowners may use the following methods without exemption

1. Any legal weapon and ammunition for taking big and small
    game during daylight hours.

2. Live traps with bait. Bait may not be used during big game
    seasons without an approved exemption. All targeted wild
    hogs must be killed before removal from the trap.
    Wild Hog Status In Tennessee

Wild hogs cause extensive damage to crops, wildlife habitat, contribute to erosion and water pollution, and carry diseases harmful to livestock and other animals as well as humans. The damage they cause has become more common and widespread as during the last fifteen years as they have gone from being present in 15 counties in Tennessee to being present in nearly 80 of a total of 95 counties.

In 1999, TWRA made an attempt to control the expansion of the wild hog population by opening a statewide wild hog season with no bag limit. Unfortunately, it was during this period of unlimited hunting that the wild hog population expanded the most. Disjointed populations of hogs began to occur in areas of Tennessee where they had never existed before as the result of illegal stocking by individuals whose goal was to establish local hunting opportunities.

In 2011, new regulations were enacted that changed wild hog management. Wild hogs are no longer regarded as big game animals in Tennessee. In order to remove the incentive to relocate wild hogs, they are now considered a destructive species to be controlled by methods other than sport hunting.

It is illegal to possess, transport, or release live wild hogs.

Wild Hog Control For Landowners

Landowners have more opportunity than ever before to control wild hogs on their properties. They can shoot wild hogs year-round during the day without limit and trap with bait outside of big game seasons. Furthermore, landowners may obtain an exemption from their TWRA regional office enabling them to kill wild hogs at night using a spotlight, and to trap year-round [including big game season]. . . . .
    Aside: alsaqr: that looks more like Osama Bin Larden.
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.

Vegetarians don't understand how harmful feral hogs are to field crops either. They destroy the food farmers grow. That's why they don't mind letting people come onto their property to hunt them.
    Brandon

Take a kid shooting. They are the future.

I know this is an old thread, but I'll add that in Ohio it is unlawful to remove a live hog from a trap. You are required to kill it first.

Quote Originally Posted by TimSr View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I'll add that in Ohio it is unlawful to remove a live hog from a trap. You are required to kill it first.

Sounds like a good recipe for many of our politicians!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Sounds like a good recipe for many of our politicians!
    Politicians and crooks! But aren't most of the former also the latter?
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

atraclife

Wild riders here have reached vermin status. I am a long time hog ass killer. We have caught over 200 hogs since September, 2012. I have been hunting and killing another 20 or so this year. I use to work on follow this page. We stopped trapping in April because of the heat and the need to check traps every day.