Thread: My latest AR builds

My latest AR builds

Went home last month and built couple more AR rifles. Wife, son and myself each had one already built but built one more a piece. Still have 3 for the grandkids to build and just got a 80% .308 lower.
    All but one use a Anderson lower (1 Stag), four have Giessele SSA triggers.

Wifes older 18" Green Mountain .223 Wylde 1:14 varmint rifle with a Simmons 3x9 scope I had laying around. Then her new 14.5" Colt 1:7 w/extended A2 FH. Handguard is a Surefire M73, Foregrip is a CTC Vertical FG (also fits a Beretta 92)

Son's rifles both using Colt 14.5" older AAC Brakeout and new extended A2 FH.

Both of their new ones are basic M4 carbines. My first was another Colt 14.5" with Phantom FH, KAC RAS hanguards, Aimpoint CompM2 and LMT SOPOD stock. My retirement build back in 08' Latest is a M16A4 clone with a FNH 20" 1:7, TA31 ACOG and KAC M5 RIS handguards. Mounted Surefire lights and either M7 or M9 bayonet.

Got the round handguards and carrying handles if I want to use them in service rifle competition. You can see I like 14.5" bbls and blades. Couple more uppers I need to build as I've got two more Green Mountain barrels same as the wifes but twist rate is different 1:6 and 1:5. Need to see some long range heavy bullet performance.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11',14',17' & 18'

Time for a update. Ordered another parts kit from PSA for a 16" basic carbine for the son. Everything except a stripped lower for $299.99 plus free shipping. Didn't come with a rear sight or magazine but have those at home already.

Early this week at work built a new upper for my work gun. This one is uses a 10.3" bbl and select fire lower. Perks being a SOCOM armorer.

Difference between Crane's cut down 10.3" Govt profile and FN's new 10.3" SOCOM bbls. Gas port is a measured .070"
    IMG_4690_rz-425197.JPG

The parts: FN bbl, upper, BC and bolt, DD RIS II Mk18, PRI CH, SF4P FH and KAC front sight. Rest of parts are all govt contracted. Only thing that's used was the Forward Assist, almost selected a teardrop M16.
    IMG_4691_rz-425205.JPG

Assembled and installed on lower w/SSF trigger. Second we built this week with FN bbl. Bit heavier up front of course.
    IMG_4696_rz-425206.JPG

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11',14',17' & 18'

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Diver View Post
    Time for a update. Ordered another parts kit from PSA for a 16" basic carbine for the son. Everything except a stripped lower for $299.99 plus free shipping. Didn't come with a rear sight or magazine but have those at home already.

Early this week at work built a new upper for my work gun. This one is uses a 10.3" bbl and select fire lower. Perks being a SOCOM armorer.

Difference between Crane's cut down 10.3" Govt profile and FN's new 10.3" SOCOM bbls. Gas port is a measured .070"
    IMG_4690_rz-425197.JPG

The parts: FN bbl, upper, BC and bolt, DD RIS II Mk18, PRI CH, SF4P FH and KAC front sight. Rest of parts are all govt contracted. Only thing that's used was the Forward Assist, almost selected a teardrop M16.
    IMG_4691_rz-425205.JPG

Assembled and installed on lower w/SSF trigger. Second we built this week with FN bbl. Bit heavier up front of course.
    IMG_4696_rz-425206.JPG

CD
    Nice stuff. ALL of it!

Woody
    http://oklahomafirearmservices.com/
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

RE:

This thread is exceptionally helpful, thanks so much for sharing! The descriptions are in sooth necessarily vital!