Thread: Why does anyone need to own an Assault Rifle?

Why does anyone need to own an Assault Rifle?

Our Constitution is our country's Operating System. The courts, congress, the ballot box, are all Firewalls designed by the Founders to protect the Operating System. Our Founding Fathers were farseeing men so they built many Firewalls into the Operating System that is our Constitution. They were more than just a little ahead of their time. They understood that Firewalls weren't enough. The Operating System needed a form of Anti Malware thus the Freedom of the Press was enshrined in our Constitution and our founding principles. But in case the Firewalls were compromised and the Anti malware was corrupted they included a Recovery Option.

In our Constitution it so states that we have the right and duty to overthrow tyrranny if ever our Operating system became so corrupted. But our Founders, though they were themselves revolutionaries, were not hasty men. The bound up the Recovery Option with one last Firewall and that was the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. They further still explained at length to the American people vis a vis the Federalist Papers what they meant and wrote into the Constitution; the Operating System came with instructions. This made clear what "neccessary" meant and that "We the People" had the right to possess and equip ourselves with weapons and accoutrements of soldiers so that we would have the tools fix the Operating System. An Operating system infected with tyrrany isn't going to let itself be fixed or recovered.

The Second Amendment is the last Firewall. I need my assault rifle, my large capacity magazines, and whatever other tools that may come to hand to help recover and fix our Operating System should circumstances require that dire consequence. The Constitution can't defend us if we don't defend it.

^ Well said !

Welcome aboard !

"They were more than just a little ahead of their time."

They were well ahead of their time because they were well aware of what went before their time and painstakingly created those three-branched checks and balances to avoid those past abuses of governments

Trouble is, those checks and balances don't work if all three branches are in cahoots with each other.

But all governments tend toward tyranny regardless of their design. "You have a Republic, Ma'am, if you can keep it."

And that's why I hate it when the U.S. is referred to as a Democracy.

Terry, 230RN
    Last edited by 230RN; August 13th, 2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Housekeeping
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

Notly1988, a great first post! Quite inspiring. I now have more hope in the future of our Republic, after reading your words.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Truth be told, I don't own any assault weapons. I have better. As to why I need any weapon, I don't know and won't know until the need arises. When a need does arise, I am well prepared.

Good post. You remind me of --- ME!

Woody
    http://oklahomafirearmservices.com/
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

Quote Originally Posted by notly1988 View Post

The Constitution can't defend us if we don't defend it.
    My favorite part of your post.

Woody
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

Hhmm? I wonder?
    Would a Ruger 10/22 with 50 round magazines be considered an "assault weapon" by the snowflakes?
    I also have an AK with multiple 40 rounders as well as a pair of 75 rd. drum magazines.
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Hhmm? I wonder?
    Would a Ruger 10/22 with 50 round magazines be considered an "assault weapon" by the snowflakes?
    I also have an AK with multiple 40 rounders as well as a pair of 75 rd. drum magazines.
    They'd consider a single shot an assault weapon and a box with one round in it a threat to humanity.

As for me, you are just a starter. Keep up the good acquisitions!

Woody

Quote Originally Posted by ConstitutionCowboy View Post
    They'd consider a single shot an assault weapon and a box with one round in it a threat to humanity.

As for me, you are just a starter. Keep up the good acquisitions!

Woody
    I like to "pair" guns so that I don't have so much diversity of ammo to buy.
    In addition to the 10/22, I have a .22LR bolt-action, both paired with a Ruger Single Six Convertible (LR/Mag). Because of that revolver, I also have a .22 Mag bolt action AND a Keltec PMR-30 pistol.
    A few years ago, I got a GP-100 in .357 and, with the addition of a Marlin 1894 levergun, I'm doing some reloading to "feed my habit".
    The oddball rifles I have are the aforementioned AK and a .243 bolt action.
    Then there are the four "orphaned" pistols; a .25, .32, .32-20, and a .380.
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow