Thread: Federal/Speer Will No Long Sell 50 Round Boxes Of JHP To Non LEOs

Federal/Speer Will No Long Sell 50 Round Boxes Of JHP To Non LEOs

This has been brewing for a month or so, Speer and Federal (Both owned by parent company ATK) have both directed their online distributors (Bone Frog/ SGAmmo/ Ammoman) to discontinue sales of LE marked ammunition in 50 round boxes to the general public.

Speer Personal Protection ammunition (which is the same thing without the LE on the box.) will still be available in 20 round boxes.

I'm not sure about HST

Discuss
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    This has been brewing for a month or so, Speer and Federal (Both owned by parent company ATK) have both directed their online distributors (Bone Frog/ SGAmmo/ Ammoman) to discontinue sales of LE marked ammunition in 50 round boxes to the general public.

Speer Personal Protection ammunition (which is the same thing without the LE on the box.) will still be available in 20 round boxes.

I'm not sure about HST

Discuss
    A rose by any other name ...

Woody
    http://oklahomafirearmservices.com/
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

Isn't it Federal that has been "playing" with the number of rounds (40 vs. 50) in their boxes of .22 rimfire ammo for several years?
    This sounds like more of that PC b.s. to me.
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

I keep hearing that the LE rounds are sold at a discount and this just means that the discount price is ending for the general public but SGAmmo sells the Personal Protection rounds cheaper than the LE anyway.

I understand that there are Police Departments that buy ammunition in 100 thousand round lots and I'm not going to be too butt hurt if they get a better price than I do for buying that much at a time but I'm not going to business with a company that restricts the sale of any non NFA item to police only.

I won't even buy WWB because they won't sell me Rangers
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

I load my own, but it’s a stupid decision on ATK’s part.
    Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.....
    Barry Goldwater

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Isn't it Federal that has been "playing" with the number of rounds (40 vs. 50) in their boxes of .22 rimfire ammo for several years?
    This sounds like more of that PC b.s. to me.
    Yep, just more PC fertilizer that will not save a single breathing protoplasm.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973