+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Burial at Arlington for "The Gunny"

Burial at Arlington for "The Gunny"

Here's a short video of the service for R. Lee Ermey at Arlington National Cemetery.
    https://www.guns.com/news/2019/01/21...ional-cemetery
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

I was honored to meet him in person way back in Nov of 2006. I was on the USAREUR team for the Army 10 Miler in DC that year. Along with the race they had us spend a week in DC manning a USAREUR booth at the AUSA convention. It was one of the best experiences I've had thanks to Uncle Sam. I got to visit Arlington, see the Faces of the Fallen exhibit that was in the Women's Memorial at the time (https://www.stripes.com/news/new-art...fallen-1.30826), the White House, the National Mall, the Vietnam Wall, etc as well as man a booth at the AUSA convention for the week. I got a free CamelBak and saw R. Lee Ermey in person. He was there endorsing Glock and autographing pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R Lee Ermey.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	533.4 KB 
ID:	92098
    Everyday is bike to work day.

Thanks for sharing, JTHunter.

The Gunny was an excellent ambassador for the NRA, our men and women in uniform, and for the entire nation. Rest in peace, Marine.
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.

Geek - you and I were about a year apart in meeting the gentleman. I was at the NRA convention in St. Louis in '07 (and '12) and got to meet Mr. Ermey and listen to him talk with other attendees in the exhibit hall. He was just moving through the crowd, surrounded by fans, yet polite with them all.
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

+ Reply to Thread