Thread: Dick's is "doubeling down"

Dick's is "doubeling down"

The local TV news reported this morning that Dick's Sporting Goods is planning on stopping sales of ALL firearms, ALL hunting supplies, including clothing.

Anyone care to bet on how long they will stay in business?
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    The local TV news reported this morning that Dick's Sporting Goods is planning on stopping sales of ALL firearms, ALL hunting supplies, including clothing.

I won't bet because they might do enough business in CA, MA, OR, WA, and CO to stay in business there.

Woody
    http://oklahomafirearmservices.com/
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

Quote Originally Posted by ConstitutionCowboy View Post
    I won't bet because un they might do enough business in CA, MA, OR, WA, and CO to stay in business there.

Woody
    I think they might become regional rather than national. I also think it's odd that they're only stopping gun sales in some stores.
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post

Clearly, they're going to downsize and, maybe, become a boutique.
    Robert J. McElwain
    Practical Libertarian

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." ~Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950)