Thread: Decided to check this out again due to the birthday email, I am locked out.

Decided to check this out again due to the birthday email, I am locked out.

I'd lost track of a lot of forums due to an illness. I cannot seem to participate now. Most forums are locked out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeval View Post
    I'd lost track of a lot of forums due to an illness. I cannot seem to participate now. Most forums are locked out to me.

Well this one seems to be open to you and welcome back.
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

And Happy Birthday, to boot !

I found some forums log you out automatically after given periods even if you select "permanent" or "forever."
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

Well

I can see this is a most unwelcome place. I've emailed moderators before posting here and when no contact was made posted here. I'm not sure why they bother sending the email if I'm not allowed to read forums.

I'll go back to the ten other forums who also sent an email and welcomed me back without rancor or restriction. THR has been most welcoming as are surplus rifle, swiss rifles and others.

Good luck, you will need it.
    "More handguns in the District of Columbia will only lead to more handgun violence." Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty.
    YES! But now it's citizens SHOOTING BACK!
    --mrmeval

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeval View Post
    I can see this is a most unwelcome place. I've emailed moderators before posting here and when no contact was made posted here. I'm not sure why they bother sending the email if I'm not allowed to read forums.

I'll go back to the ten other forums who also sent an email and welcomed me back without rancor or restriction. THR has been most welcoming as are surplus rifle, swiss rifles and others.

Good luck, you will need it.

Long story,

I'm not sure who you emailed but far as I know I'm the only moderator who even participates here anymore.

The guy that Oleg picked to be oversee this forum locked most of the moderators out then rage quit. We're making do with what we have.
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

It all sounded quite odd. I can't imagine who he's talking about. Also seems strange that he says he had no contact, yet it seemed like an unfriendly site to him...

Last previous post was March 6, 2016, and although his profile says he has over 1800 posts, I can only bring up 3. And, oddly, the search reports that that thread had over 10,000 views. Say, what?

His e-mail address must be valid since he says he got a birthday greeting, but I don't really want to get that involved in the situation to e-mail him on my personal e-mail. (I assume male because of the "mr" in his screen name.)

Deinitely odd. Not sure it's worth bothering with any further. Let him think what he has to think until he contacts us again.

Terry
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by 230RN View Post
    Last previous post was March 6, 2016, and although his profile says he has over 1800 posts, I can only bring up 3. And, oddly, the search reports that that thread had over 10,000 views. Say, what?
    The forum got hacked in 2015 or so and Oleg was never able to get it fixed. A lot of things on this forum don't work they way they should

Post I bid you farewell

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Long story,

I'm not sure who you emailed but far as I know I'm the only moderator who even participates here anymore.

The guy that Oleg picked to be oversee this forum locked most of the moderators out then rage quit. We're making do with what we have.
    Treo,

I appreciate the calm response. I suspected it but could not recall it. I can still read my private messages and I have one from Oleg dated 2009 with a link back to highroad.us. I cannot view anything of mine that may remain in the forums or in an archive if any.

I suspect if that ... person is the same one who took Oleg's domain(s) then I trolled the forum or him personally. I had a tad more energy and enthusiasm back then. If that is the case then I left about that time as 2009 is my last private message year. It would explain the lockout.

I don't recall getting emails previously but I've had it happen with two other gun forums and a couple other non-gun related ones so it's some technical glitch.

It's no disrespect to you but the responses I see don't bode well for this place. I've set my home page to something nifty, erased everything of importance, set a dead email and wish you well.

PS Technical FYI: I emailed the address the forum has as "staff" thr-us@olegvolk.net without noticing the domain. It did not bounce but has gone unanswered. Oleg may be able to help if he's still communicating with you. I am locked out of private messages as well. That left only the technical support forum which is open for posting but only shows my own created thread. I doubt a sticky with an explanation would help as I can read nothing in any forum except this one and they show 0 posts in the past 30 days.
    "More handguns in the District of Columbia will only lead to more handgun violence." Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty.
    --mrmeval

Quote Originally Posted by 230RN View Post
    It all sounded quite odd. I can't imagine who he's talking about. Also seems strange that he says he had no contact, yet it seemed like an unfriendly site to him...

His e-mail address must be valid since he says he got a birthday greeting, but I don't really want to get that involved in the situation to e-mail him on my personal e-mail. (I assume male because of the "mr" in his screen name.)

Deinitely odd. Not sure it's worth bothering with any further. Let him think what he has to think until he contacts us again.

Terry
    The last private message I see to me here is *shock* from you. You asked about Indiana's red flag law. I did not answer it in 2009 most likely due to the lockout mentioned in the message to the moderator. If you don't like anonymity; post enough personal information online stating that you're a die hard gun owner and I'm sure you'll get swatted by some liberal pot smoker giggling in his mommies basement. Gotta love our legislature's keen conservative values.
    --mrmeval