Thread: ruger frame

ruger frame

I just got another Ruger 22/45. The price was right because plastic frame is nicked and scraped. Normally I wouldn't care so much but the pins seem to be deforming the plastic. What are my options for replacing the frame? will a mark 1 2 or 3 frame fit and function? I really don't want to send it to Ruger and have to pay for another crappy plastic frame. I know Pac-Lite makes barrels does anyone make frames for these?
    Ok, so here were my options. (a), quickly duck left, dodge the claw and take him out with a spinning back kick, or (b), take the claw in the face, roll on the ground and die.
    Hmm, Should have gone with (a)

Man, I wish someone made frames for Ruger .22 pistols. There are a bunch of uppers out there (since a lot of people seem to like putting the Pac-Lite uppers on and then never using the stock upper) that shoot just fine that can be had for cheap...if only someone would sell a grip frame to put them on...

I've technically got two guns, but really it's a Mk. II 22/45 upper and a Mk. II standard upper and only one grip frame between them...

are you saying the mark II grip frame will work with the 22/45 upper? Ill buy a ruger mark 2 metal frame if thats an option. I called ruger and they told me the 22/45 is its own animal
    Ok, so here were my options. (a), quickly duck left, dodge the claw and take him out with a spinning back kick, or (b), take the claw in the face, roll on the ground and die.
    Hmm, Should have gone with (a)

er, unfortunately, a 22/45 upper won't fit on a Mk. II frame without some fitting. The reason being because the 22/45 upper is peened where the frame-lug hooks into the upper--when I get a chance tonight, I'll post some pictures of what I mean.

I spent a few careful hours dremel-ing out the recess in the 22/45 upper to get it to fit. I probably wouldn't have bothered, but I wanted to upgrade my Mk. II standard (4 3/4" tapered barrel, fixed sights) to a Mk. II Target (5.5" bull barrel and adjustable sights), and the right deal came along.

Here are the pictures.

Stainless 22/45 5.5" bull-barrel upper on the left, Blued Mk. II 4.75" tapered-barrel upper on the right. Notice the spot where the frame lug locks into the upper on the 22/45 is somewhat flattened--this is the peened part. In the recess, I've already ground away material to make the 22/45 upper fit to the Mk. II frame (since I can't 'un-peen' the frame...).

This is the Mk. II lower, frame-lug detail. I don't have a 22/45 or Mk.III 22/45 lower to compare it with, but I can imagine that it's flat here instead of curved on the underside of the lug.