Thread: Sten Magazine Loading Tool?

Sten Magazine Loading Tool?

Got an MPA "MAC clone" 9mm with side cocker and top rail that takes Sten magazines. Found a good deal on magazines on-line a while back. So far I like the gun and with a Red Dot sight its more accurate than I'd been led to believe.

BUT.... the mags are a bear to load, anyone know of a source for a good mag loader tool for Sten mags? So far the gun has been reliable, my thumbs have not

--wally.
    Your commitment to Freedom and Liberty is measured by your tolerance for others doing things you disapprove.
    NRA Patron Member since Jan 20, 2009.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd....rSuperSKU=&MC=

This is what I have.
    I had a Sten SMG. Don't have the gun anymore but I do have the mag loader.
    "This is a different kind of army. If you look at history you'll see men fight for pay, or women, or some other kind of loot. They fight for land, or because a king makes them, or just because they like killing. But we're here for something new. I don't... this hasn't happened much in the history of the world. We're an army going out to set other men free."

I have to agree, that tool works great. I use sten mags in my 9mm AR. I couldn't imagine fully loading a sten mag without it.

444, Which loader are you referring to? The "box loader" or the less expensive "spoon" loader?

The robertrtg plunger type is said to not really be for a Sten but for the Suomi "coffin" mag which is said to have a much weaker spring.

Sorry it took so long to get back, but I thought I'd found one made by MPA, ordered it from JGSales, but when my order shipped, invoice said $0.0 item no longer available

--wally.
    Your commitment to Freedom and Liberty is measured by your tolerance for others doing things you disapprove.

The Box Loader
    It really works well. It is similar to the LULA loader than came out a few years ago for the AR15 and later a bunch of other stuff.
    "This is a different kind of army. If you look at history you'll see men fight for pay, or women, or some other kind of loot. They fight for land, or because a king makes them, or just because they like killing. But we're here for something new. I don't... this hasn't happened much in the history of the world. We're an army going out to set other men free."

Thanks 444, I've ordered one from Northridge, along with a few extra mags.

Plateshooter, I'm curious, how do you use Sten mags in a 9mm AR? I though the 9mm AR used a mag close enough to the Uzi that Uzi mags could be modified to work. Sten and Uzi mags are about as different as could be -- single column vs. double sided like the .223 or AK.

--wally.

"Plateshooter, I'm curious, how do you use Sten mags in a 9mm AR?"

Hi Wally, I have an Olympic 9mm upper that uses a sten mag that Olympic modifies for use in its rifle. There is an adapter called a socom adapter that locks into your mag well, then the unmodified sten mags fit into your rifle. You release the mags like an AK with the lever on the adapter. I used mine for shooting steel plates, it works really well, and mags are out there really cheap.

Plateshooter, thanks for the info and picture. I've got parts on order to build a 9mm AR, if I ever actually get them, I'll look for one of these adapters as I've plenty of Sten mags.

--wally.

Got my mag loaders. Bot the the box-ring type and the spoon-lever. Not sure the box type was worth the extra cost at this time, but both work much better than my thumb! and well worth the expense overall.

Thanks for all the good info.

--wally.

Gun rights media is asking about the sten gun loading of magazine tool to the latest technology. The civil rights association gun rights media wise essays review in order to take best interest on people.

Highly Recommended Service

Online Media is another device that encourages this malevolence and permits it to pervade each part of our lives. We're struck by pictures, promotions and messages constantly, and that burns-through our brain and propels us to lose point of view. Great advancement makes interest and pushes our musings into solid activities. Accordingly, we wind up spending our well deserved cash on stuff that is transitory and conceivably vain. We become the survivor of our own choices spread by another person. Companies turn to marketers to promote their essay writing service. They make appealing lines, drawing in messages and coordinate pictures and recordings to produce revenue and sparkle want in the purchaser market. Advertisers are not paid to offer political expressions or bring social changes; their responsibility is to just spike the deals. The lip fillers will help us satisfy the current magnificence guidelines, the dress brand is in vogue and tip top, the cell phone is most recent and effective, and the house is tasteful and dissertation writing service. We in a real sense get tied up with business as usual. At the point when we as of now have a completely working cell phone, purchasing the most recent variant isn't truly needed, nor is the dangerous operation or the superfluous buy from a ludicrously costly brand. We become so gotten up to speed in the since we neglect to keep up for later. Organizations are utilizing this season of emergency to actuate dread in the public arena and force ‘thesis writing service to purchase more than they need. As a result, an imbalance is observed. People either have everything, or they’re barely struggling to meet ends. The ones living on daily wages probably don’t have the luxury to invest in products for the assignment writing service. When they go to the market, they find the aisles empty. Despite our struggle to sound unique and just, we can’t completely underestimate the role of promotion. How can you expect others to find out about your product or service, if you fail to market it effectively? You could be selling the best lasagna in the world, but who would eat it if nobody even knows it exists? Your ideation is fogged if you completely reject the positive impact of marketing. However, this comes down to individual choice – If your intentions are pure and the desire to promote stems from a coursework writing service, a positive change can be witnessed.