Thread: retractable batons...

Wink retractable batons...

Hi! I recently got a retractable police baton for protection 'cause I'm a small girl and I kinda have terrible aim, otherwise I would've got pepper spray. Anyway, my dilema is that I don't know if they're legal to carry in North Dakota, (let alone own.) So if someone would help me out and tell me if I'm going to get in trouble for having it in my car or owning it that'd be great!

I don't know about the laws, but unless you are a 3rd degee black belt in KatateJuJitsuSavant with a dash of Chuck Norris, then buy a pistol, get a CCW permit and practice, practice, practice.

You say you are a small girl and most thugs will see you as a target with only a stick in your hand, expecially if you look scared or nervous. A pistol is the only suitable equalizer. They may laugh at you for holding a baton, but I doubt they will if you are holding a pistol.

Sorry for preaching. Let the ND legal experts begin.

I can't address legal questions, but I can offer a bit of advice with regard to Asp style batons.

Get training. Modern Arnis, Kali, Escrima, Balintiwak, Doce Pares, and any other FMA style are good places to start.

Collapsible batons are not great impact weapons in the strictest sense. They are very good and handy for locks, disarms, and certain types of impact, but they lack the diameter and weight of heavier cudgels.

If you ever need to use an expandable baton and have very little training, I would advise you to target the hands of your attacker. They have enough weight to break phalanges, and that tends to discourage or at least weaken grasping attacks. Then get away as fast as possible.

I know they are illegal to carry in TX. You'll have to check your own state's laws. I can tell you that they are not very effective unless you get a good solid hit in the head. I'm 6'3" 220lbs former police officer and have used the 16", 21" and 26" ASPs on people during arrests and they are ineffective. I remember one guy in particular who I hit four times on his thigh who didn't start feeling the effects of it until four hours later while in the hospital and started complaining about it. Another guy I hit while fighting inside a Home Depot didn't phase him but the pepper spray I hit him full in the face was instant incapcitation. So pepperspray and Tasers work the best so you need to get rid of this baton and get something that works. Chances of you using the baton to any useful effect are slim and you have a greater chance of having it taken away and used on you.

PU leather

How can we recognize that it is PU leather or Real Leather What is PU Leather What is the Difference bw PU Leather and Real Leather, We have all answers in details, Please visit our website to get the best & honest information for all kind of leathers. PU leather