Thread: mode mixing

mode mixing

Quote:
    Sergeant Bob Bouchee advised that if anyone finds themselves in a similar situation, safety should be the top priority.

"A person has a right to defend themselves within reason but what we would recommend is in order to maintain everybody's safety is to cooperate with whatever the demands are in order to get them out of there."

Ah, there we go again. It's obvious and clear what "within reason" means.

SPECTRUM OF REASONABILITY:

LIE DOWN........................................SHOOT TO
    AND SPREAD.....................................STOP THE
    YOUR LEGS.......................................ATTACK
    .....<-------------------------------------------->
    ......Rapist's.....................................Victim's
    ....."Reasonable"........................"Reasonable"

All very clear and well-defined to me... how about you?

Terry, 230RN
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

Time test

It is now 8:07 AM MDT
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

It is now 10:44 PM

What's to add?
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

^ I don't see any sense to starting a brand new thread in "testing" to try some things out. Post One herein was to check out the line wrap and some text formatting and colors in that post to another thread.

See post 10 at:

http://thehighroad.us/showthread.php?t=410281

The other two were checking to see if I got my time zone and DST setting right. And, of course, after I got it right, it made no sense because the post time in the post header was the same time as in the text of the post. Yay!

I thought these testing threads were supposed to disappear after a while.

I've even piggy-backed on others' test threads down here rather than start a new thread just for my test.

So anything I add in one of these tests threads doesn't have to make sense in terms of relevance to other posts in any given testing thread. The only reason I came down here today, right now, was to check something else out... that is, something in my new sig line. I change sig lines periodically.

The interesting thing about it is I noticed that even these test threads/posts show up in "All Posts Of 230RN." Not sure I like that, but it would probably be a nightmare for software folks to change that, and I think it would be an imposition on the mods to ask them to delete these test threads.

So.

Does it make sense?

No.

Does it have to?

No.

So.

Regards,

TAT