Thread: Model 1900 IJ Target year 1935 with odd attachment

Model 1900 IJ Target year 1935 with odd attachment

The picture shows this device. It's a spring loaded rod to eject .22 shells. I don't think Iver Johnson put this in it and my Goforth book does not mention it.

More pictures here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "More handguns in the District of Columbia will only lead to more handgun violence." Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty.
    YES! But now it's citizens SHOOTING BACK!
    --mrmeval

No idea, but it's cool! How does it shoot?

I've not had a chance to shoot it. I'm not sure what the best ammunition is to feed it. It's solid and easily passes a functional check.
    "More handguns in the District of Columbia will only lead to more handgun violence." Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty.
    --mrmeval

I don't think IJ put on that ejector rod or the barrel band front sight. Looks like more machine work in them than the rest of the gun. Probably a labor of love by an old time shooter who happened to be a machinist.
    I have a few facts and a lot of opinions.

Question Iver Johnson 1900 with odd attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeval View Post
    The picture shows this device. It's a spring loaded rod to eject .22 shells. I don't think Iver Johnson put this in it and my Goforth book does not mention it.

More pictures here.
    To mrmeval. Do you still have the Iver Johnson model 1900 with odd attachment? I recently purchased one identical to it. I have been doing considerable research on it and your August of 2009 forum inquiry into this attachment is the only thing I have found. No one else has ever seen such a thing.

Here's a pix. I think you're buying mine.

I've found no other information on this revolver. I may have contact information of the person who sold it to me. If I can find it I will forward it.

Quote Originally Posted by jlar View Post
    To mrmeval. Do you still have the Iver Johnson model 1900 with odd attachment? I recently purchased one identical to it. I have been doing considerable research on it and your August of 2009 forum inquiry into this attachment is the only thing I have found. No one else has ever seen such a thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --mrmeval

mrmeval

Welcome back!

jlar,

Welcome to Shooters!

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11',14',17' & 18'

jlar: The same gun.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeval View Post

I've found no other information on this revolver. I may have contact information of the person who sold it to me. If I can find it I will forward it.
    There is no question that they are the same gun. I you ever learn more I would appreciate an update. Thanks.

Could it be a gunsmith made some custom alterations to a batch, like Lone Wolf does with Glocks?
    When the going gets tough the tough get cyclic!
    "The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf