Thread: See if I figured out the camera,

See if I figured out the camera,

And posting pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jpsimms; October 8th, 2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Yay, it worked
    "Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
    -Adlai Stevenson

I see two photos, but they're BIG mothers!

I shoot all my pictures all the time at 1600x1200 for clarity and if I post them on line resize them down to 1024x768 or 800x600.

rondog are you refering to file size or picture size?

I dont know what the camera was set for, but when I look at the pics they don't seem too big. Seems to me that if they were much smaller I would lose detail
    "Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
    -Adlai Stevenson

rondog are you refering to file size or picture size?

I dont know what the camera was set for, but when I look at the pics they don't seem too big. Seems to me that if they were much smaller I would lose detail
    In the thread, they're small. But if you click on the photos to enlarge them, they become HUGE!

Camera Settings

Not quite. Please excuse my spelling. Your pictures are 2303x1727 is is maybe max for your camera, but too big to post for lots of peoples computers and connect speeds.

Go on line to your camera's manufacturer and download the owners manual for your model of camera. Then access the menu that lets you choose size. Might be as simple as L, M, and S. (Large, Medium, and Small) Some cameras have a menu to choose actual pixel sizes as in 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1600x1200, etc. Those are the number of pixels across by number up and down. Just like your computer screen sizes or your TV sets now. The smaller the numbers the less clarity and smaller the file size. Most good pictures that people post on the InterNet are say 1024x768. And that would be good enough to fill the screen and see good detail. If your program posts a little post-it picture for the picture that you just posted, then more then likely it was too big to post. If your picture looks normal in your text area then it was correct.

For example this should look normal on your screen and is 640x480

My fun gun when ammo was 10 cent a round. Now uses 4 cent a round blanks for about the same flame.

Where this one is 1024x768 and you might need to click on it to open to full size.

This farmer lives ON THE BORDER, my guess is he has been around the Government mill with his farm and loss of lands to them maybe when they made their Border crossing larger and took land that he was farming on for too little money. I do not know, but saw this one right down the road in Holland, Vermont. Holland is a small mainly farming town on the Border.
    Last edited by jcjacobvt; October 13th, 2009 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Added fun gun comment.

Smile

Firepower!

I LOVE the farmer's sign too!

Thank you.

Catherine
    Closed Account

BEAR IN MIND THAT THREADS ON "TESTING...TESTING" GO AWAY AFTER A WHILE

You can also use stretch and skew in Paint to change your pic size. (Found in the "Image" dropdown list in the Paint toolbar --Paint is found in Accessories.)

Here's the farmer's sign cut down to 10% horizontally and to 10% vertically by Paint, resulting in a 2990 byte image:

That's not a thumbnail, that's a full-sized image reduced to a 10% by 10% size, 99 x 61 pixels.

Catherine, any luck with posting your pics?
    Last edited by 230RN; October 14th, 2009 at 04:01 AM.
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

to put your pics in do you click on manage attachments, or is there an other way?
    -Adlai Stevenson

There are at least two ways to do it.

Using "Manage Attachments," you can upload the pics from your computer to the picture storage area on the THR site. and they will appear at the bottom of your post as thumbnails that the reader can click on to give the full-sized image.

Post #1 herein used this "thumbnail" method. (Nice thing about using the thumbnails is that it is a lot faster loading for those of us stuck with slow connections.) But the original pictures in those Post #1 thumbnails are, in fact, HUGE (733KB), so the originals take a long time to download.

The other way is to use the "image tags" IMG and /IMG with the OUTSIDE address of your pic surrounded by these tags. That is, when the picture is stored on a site outside of the THR storage site itself.

The important thng here is that the image tags IMG and /IMG must each be surrounded by the straight brackets [ and ]. In the demonstration below, in order to see how the IMG and /IMG tags work, I will surround them with the "curley-cue" brackets { and } instead of the straight brackets [ and ] (they're on the same keys, but show up as lower-case instead of upper case). This is so the software will not actually show the picture, just the "coding" involved. This is the address (URL) of a picture I have on my own picture storage site:

http://www.loesch.org/~arviel/CAMERAS.JPG

If you click on that URL (address), a picture of some security cameras will come up.

However, if I surround that URL with the IMG tags while I am composing in the message window, it looks like this:

{IMG}http://www.loesch.org/~arviel/CAMERAS.JPG{/IMG}

and the original picture would appear directly in my post if I used the straight brackets, as you will see below.

BUT NOTICE THAT I USED THE CURLEY-CUE BRACKETS HERE so that you can see where the straight brackets are supposed to go and how they are used. With the { and } brackets, the software doesn't "know" that it's actually a picture.

(The "stroke" ( / ) in the second tag "closes" the image. This is necessary so you do not confuse the software which brings up the picture. It just says, in effect, "OK, we're done with that picture.")

OK, now I am actually going to use the straight brackets so the picture will actually appear in this post right here:

See? (And if you right-click on the image and then click on "Properties" in the drop-down list, you will see the "Properties" window, which shows where the picture came from, how big it is, etc.)

Now, to simplify it, you don't actually have to type in the {IMG}...{/IMG} tags --you can use the little postcard icon in the toolbar above the message composing box here:

And when it asks, you just paste or type in the URL of the picture and it will automatically insert the IMG and /IMG tags for you after you click the "OK" button.

The main problem is getting your picture uploaded to some "Storage Site" or another, such as Photobucket. Unfortunately, I can't tell you how to do this because I never did it --I use my own rented picture site for all my picture storage and upload my pics to there.

You may want to print this out before trying it, or open a different browser window so you can click back and forth between the windows to read these instructions in one window and actually try it out in the other window. (Yes, you can have two copies of the THR site running at the same time.)

There are "embellishments" on this method, such as being able to use the URLs of pictures already on this THR site, but let's leave it at that for now to keep it as simple as possible. As I noted above in Post 8, though, you can reduce the size of your originals so they will "fit" on the THR picture storage area, etc, etc.

But once you get the hang of the simpler stuff, you can get into some of the more complex issues.

Terry, 230RN

Two things to avoid problems: (1) It is real easy to mix up the {[ and }] brackets. That's the first thing to look for when an error occurs. (2) Most servers are sensitive to upper and lower case in the URLs. They don't see CAMERAS.JPG as the same thing as cameras.jpg or Cameras.Jpg, etc.
    Last edited by 230RN; October 14th, 2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Housekeeping
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

reactivate thread (bump)

Just piggybacking on an already-established thread to test font sizes

Test test test 5

Test test test 4

Test test test 3

Test test test 2

Test test test 1

Test test test arial black 1

Test test test arial black 7

Bump for Mt Shooter's benefit.

Bump

can i try?

On the Road, somewhere in the good ol' U.S. of A.
    Oooooh! Nice! An M-1 Garand praying!

Let's see if I can:

http://www.thehighroad.us/attachment...1&d=1259993477
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Violence is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and valorous feeling which believes that nothing is worth violence is much worse. Those who have nothing for which they are willing to fight; nothing they care about more than their own personal safety; are miserable creatures who have no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of those better than themselves. Gary L. Griffiths, Chief Instructor, Advanced Force Tactics, Inc. (Paraphrasing John Stuart Mill)

how very true, long live 45acp.
    When the going gets tough the tough get cyclic!
    "The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf