Thread: Springfield Model 15 bolt dissasembly?

Springfield Model 15 bolt dissasembly?

I am working on my grandmothers Model 15 .22lr and need some guidance on disassembling the bolt. I need to replace some worn parts but can't figure out how to take it apart. I have searched the web with no luck. If anyone knows how or where I can look that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work , one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Hey, man.

I grew up on a single-shot Springfield, and had it apart and back together so many times before I was 12 that it almost knew it's own way.

Do you want to disassemble the bolt because something is broken, or just to see what's in there? Before you start, spread out a towel over your work area so you don't lose any of the small parts.

Here's how mine comes apart. About an inch forward from the rear end of the bolt body, there's a pin. Peened on one end, it only comes out one way. This releases the plunge-cocking knob, which is attached to a tube with a spring in it. I've never had that apart. Right beneath the bolt handle, there's a pin that holds the firing pin and it's spring in place. And the extractor and it's spring are held by another pin, about half an inch from the bolt face.

I have another one that's very similar, but it auto-cocks on opening. The pin is in the wrist of the plunger knob itself, but the forward end of the bolt is just like the other one.

When I get back in town the second week of November, I can take some pics if you still need them.

Parker

disasembly

any one working on guns should get numrichs catalog.its well worth the $16?
    I use it all the time.it has diagrams for all the guns.

Model 15 bolt

Quote Originally Posted by .308 garand View Post
    I am working on my grandmothers Model 15 .22lr and need some guidance on disassembling the bolt. I need to replace some worn parts but can't figure out how to take it apart. I have searched the web with no luck. If anyone knows how or where I can look that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    I have an old one that has patent pending on it. I had to make a firing pi out of a piece of a stainless butter knife blade. Mine is very simple it has a pin in center of plunger that screws out and you can remove the plunger and spring. But to remove firing pin you have to tap out extractor with a small punch. This will allow firing pin slide out it should be a long rectangular piece with a notch in the side. I also chambered mine for 22 mag and drilled and tapped for a scope mount. It turned out to be the most accurate rifle I have ever owned aside from DPMS panther .308 sniper rifle lol. Im working on a custom fiberglass pistol grip stock. Let me know if i can help.

I really don't understand all of this

happy wheels unblocked