Thread: Mossberg 9200 problems

Thumbs down Mossberg 9200 problems

Recently purchased a 9200 (tactical, 18" bbl) consigned at a local shop. Seemed to be in fine shape, well cared for and not shot a lot (ironic). Have shot it on 2 occasions, and both times had problems ejecting/feeding before even getting through 1 box (25) shells. Gas ports are clean & clear, action seems solid, and this happens with light and heavy loads.
    So I e-mailed Mossberg customer service, NO REPLY.
    Called c.s., was told "lifetime warranty" only applied to original owner.
    Left voicemail for this persons supv., NO REPLY.
    E-mailed again, asking what it would take to get the problem corrected, and would repairs come with a warranty, as I've since read about 9200's returning for service repeatedly. NO REPLY.

I guess the old adage applies, "you get what you pay for". I am now sorry that I let cost sway my decision to purchase this unit for home defense. Now I feel my family's safety has been compromised. But then, I thought Mossberg was a trusted name. Evidently integrity, personal or corporate, doesn't mean as much to some as it does to me. That's a shame.

I welcome any suggestions for a definitive fix for this, as I won't spend a ton of $$ on "maybe", and would destroy this gun before I'd sell it to someone else, as I won't compromise someone else's safety for personal gain.

Most gun manufacturers limit their warranties to the original owner, but there are plenty of gunsmiths out there to fix your problem. If you're having ejection problems, the place to start is in the ejector mechanism and see if the parts are over-worn or the springs are worn out. If the gas-checks and everything in that sequence is clean, it' has to be in the ejector mechanism or something with the ammo you're using.

Rocket science, it ain't.

If you're competent to take the gun apart and put it back together, it might be the same thing I found with my .44 magnum carbine recently. The previous owner had left about a pound of dirt and spent gunpowder built up in the mechanism, which couldn't be seen from a cursory look. A can of break-free and a pound of patches, and it's just like new.

Like you, I was ready to choke somebody... but it turned out to be a "dirt" problem rather than a "mechanism" problem. Only the high priced sniper rifles are designed to expel dirt and sand when they fire... the rest of us have to scoop it out on a regular basis by cleaning. I'd go back to the dealer where you bought it (if you bought it from a dealer) and tell him that it failed to function and needs a "physical exam". If he runs a competent shop, he'll probably have his gunsmith run through it and either fix the problem or give you an estimate. Either way, your "bargain" just lost a little ground.

WT
    "What man is a man that does not make the world a better place?"... from "Kingdom of Heaven"
    True patriots feel that there is no problem in our Republic that cannot be solved by election, windage and elevation, or superior firepower.

If you're having ejection problems, the place to start is in the ejector mechanism and see if the parts are over-worn or the springs are worn out. If the gas-checks and everything in that sequence is clean, it' has to be in the ejector mechanism or something with the ammo you're using. | Sacramento Fencing Pros - Roseville

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
    сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
    сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтhaveafinetimeсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
    tuchkasсайтсайт