Thread: SMITH & WESSON goes boom

SMITH & WESSON goes boom

i didn`t get the details of this picture. looks like a mod 629..or a 66
    Attached Images Attached Images
    THE MOUSE RUNS QUICK, BUT THE OWL SEES IN THE DARK.

Wow.

Interesting the way it tore the other cartridges apart, and the fact that the leftmost bullet had moved out of the case.

Wish there were more details... double charge, wrong powder, barrel obstruction? Where'd you get the pic from?

"Properties" only gives the THR photo storage area as a source.
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

Holy Cow

I've never seen a cylinder blow up like that.

I can't believe the rear sight didn't hold together. I guess I'll stick with Taurus.

(I believe those pictures were the result of an over charge)

^ With all the damage to the rest of the gun, I don't think any sight would have held up. Looks like the wrong volume of the wrong powder was used. Like Bullseye or something like that.

I think a stuck bullet from a sqib round would have disrupted the barrel as well.

I just realized this is in the Testing...testing section. Are you aware that threads in this forum go away after a short while? It's meant for testing the site software.
    Last edited by 230RN; December 26th, 2009 at 04:01 AM.
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)