Thread: 4 mm Ammo

4 mm Ammo

I have an old German single-shot pistol. Where can I buy some 4 mm ammo?

RWS hasn't responded to my inquiry.

You can't. 4mm ammo isn't made any more. If you did find any it'd be collector stuff.
    There were all kinds of odd calibre firearms made for 'gallery' shooting(indoors) in late 19th Century Europe. Your's might be one of 'em, but there's no ammo.

A contact in Berlin sent this:

"It's quite popular here, even though the latest law changes introduced registration of the 4mm. Ammunition can only be purchased when showing the registration certification. It's the only alternative to having the weapon deactivated."

The ammo is out there. It's a matter of getting some. Might not be possible.

Here's my gun:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blue River Wisconsin, in a little hut in the woods
    Wow, a new caliber for me, every day something new I learn. Sounds like one of those backyard sparrow guns, I assume its a pretty low powered round.
    1934 National Firearms Act, 1968 The Gun Control Act, 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING

Did some reasearch, 4.5 MM is also known as .177 AKA "BB's". I would asume that they are as the old original CB caps from RWS. a shot rimfire case ( 22 caliber, no powder ) with a small 22 lead ball. Except in the above case it iwould be a very small .177 rimfire case. A small primer powered lead BB. Remember the old Wamo guns that used a capgun "cap" to propell a BB about 10 feet. the 4.5 would seem to be a bit more powerfull, perhaps enought for a charging Tit Mouse. But if that;s all you have, then that's all you have.

looks too well made for such a useless calibre