Thread: .32 acp

.32 acp

Son in Law bought a little Kel Tec .32 ACP and I have a couple .32 ACP's (Taurus and Kel Tec) myself so I am going to reload a few rounds.
    I see many .311 or .312 bullets for the .32 acp.
    Anybody have any experience with either or preferences which?

Not many reload for .32 ACP. Not enough of an accuracy improvement in the pistols it comes in.
    I'm only seeing .312" bullets from Hornady, Sierra and Speer. However, the bullet will depend on the barrel diameter.
    Hodgdon's data is all for 71 grain .312" FMJ bullets.
    Use the .312" bullets.

I've loaded FMJ Remington's which are .311 I think. No real preference, just what I got to use. Nothing hard about the reloading other than finding the little buggers after firing

And, the difference between a safe load and one that is hot is only a few tenths of a grain. I use WW231 because it meters great and works well in the wee little case. Unique can get you more velocity, but I don't trust my powder measure to be close enough with it every time without weighing every charge.....which seems a bit silly for a little pistol case.

Well I loaded 20 .311 Speer 71g FMJ with 2g of VV N310 and 20 .312 60g Hornady HP's with 1.7g VV N310....all went off no problem...did not Chrony either but they both shot good out of both my Taurus and my Kel Tec.

A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Ottawa Rims