Thread: 9mm Ammo ID?

9mm Ammo ID?

Hope this is the right place for this.

I'm in Iraq and found a 9mm cartridge in my truck at lunch today that had obviously been there for a while. I'm curious and wonder if anyone could identify it's origin.

The bullet and shell appear to both be bi-metal, or dark copper. Similar to many 7.62x54mm rounds. The headstamp says "9mm Luger" on the bottom and "Geco" on the top, with asterisks between.

Thanks,

John

Geco is made in Switzerland by Ruag Ammotec

I didn't know that, always thought it was RWS from Germany.
    If it is Swiss Ruag I would like to have some if it would repeat the test target that came with my SIG.
    I have a few facts and a lot of opinions.

GECO is the abbreviation of Gustav Genschow & Co., subsidiary of the Company, founded 1912, former manufacturer of pistol and revolver cartridges.
    Since April 2002, the Swiss ammunition manufacturer RUAG Munition and Dynamit Nobel AmmoTec in Germany have merged their ammunition businesses and now form the RUAG Ammotec company the new key player in ammunition technology and from January 2005 Gustav Genschow "Nobel" is renamed RUAG Ammotec Austria.

Today RUAG Ammotec Austria GmbH is the distributor for civil ammunition of the RUAG group in Austria and many countries in Eastern Europe and Latin America, as well as representative of many other important brands in Austria, as REMINGTON, RIO, GLOCK, BRNO, NORINCO, DIANA, KAHLES, MEOPTA, OPTOLYTH, GFT-WEGU, LYMAN-PACHMAYR, SICKINGER, BARNETT, etc. For export we can offer also WALTHER, SIG, H&K, CZ, and more to some countries.