Thread: Colorado gunsmith

Colorado gunsmith

Can anyone recommend a good 1911 gunsmith anywhere in Colorado? I would appreciate any information and I will drive anywhere in the State. Thanks in advance. frf

TJ's Firing Line Gunsmithing in Aurora.

Stay far away from Gunsmoke.

I'm using a new one for a Barrel replacement on a Vaquero. So far he has done well.

Colorado Arms repair
    1705 N. Chestnut St
    Colorado Springs, Co 80907
    719-634-1484
    www.armsrepair.com

His name is Henry Valenzano
    Sixshooter
    NRA Life Member
    StraightShaving
    http://straightshaving.com/forum.php

Current fave is:

Robert Farrow
    B&P Tactical Services
    Northglenn, CO
    720-233-4999
    www.bptacticalservices.com

Earl Hickman on Tia Jauna, but he is real slow at getting them back. Stay away from the guy on Del Norte, he would screw up a soup sandwich.
    Sixshooter
    NRA Life Member
    StraightShaving

Depending on Whatcha want done

First thought was CT Brian in Grand Junction, but he's way backlogged and not taking anything except full goose bozo custom work, but a name to keep in mind. (Beautiful work he does)

Next thought was the old School of Trades in Lakewood
    http://www.schooloftrades.edu/

Contact them for either a graduate or maybe a promising student (again, depending on what it is you want done)
    Youth rebels, age conserves; between them, they advance. The Marines will cease to win battles the moment either camp achieves ascendancy. Robert Leckie, Helmet for my Pillow

I'm using a new one for a Barrel replacement on a Vaquero. So far he has done well.

Colorado Arms repair
    1705 N. Chestnut St
    Colorado Springs, Co 80907
    719-634-1484
    www.armsrepair.com

His name is Henry Valenzano
    I made this post before I had my revolver back and I feel I should correct it. Although I did use this gunsmith, it turns out he really buggered it up. When I got it back I didn't notice a couple of problems until I got home.

I had supplied the original ejector rod housing and I was in the process of replacing it when something weird happened. My barrel felt loose! When I removed the housing screw and housing I could turn the barrel a full turn and at that point it stopped because it was bottomed out on the cylinder. I also noticed the front sight was not soldered in but epoxied.

I wrote an email to the gunsmith and he didn't answer. I tried to call with no answer. I then took the gun to Earl Hickman. He is slow, which is why I tried the new smith, but he does the job right.

I showed him my gun and asked if there was anything he could do? He laughed and called a gunsmith up to look at it. Now both of them were laughing and Earl asked who did the work. I told him. He said yes, he could fix it. I now have it back and it is working correctly and is beautifully done.

The first gunsmith charged me $165, Earl charged me $75. I finally got hold of the BBB and filed a complaint. The first smith said he would refund my money if I brought the gun for him to see. He also said he left the barrel loose and the sight epoxied so I could sight it in. Now I'm really concerned, It is a fixed sight western style SA! What?

I took him the gun and he looked it over like he knew what he was doing. Then he acted like he was going to take it apart and I told him no. He gave my money back, made a smart-ass remark and I left.

I would suggest not going to Colorado Arms repair as he is not a gunsmith I would trust with any of my firearms again.
    Sixshooter
    NRA Life Member
    StraightShaving

Several years ago, I shipped a stock 1911 off to On Target Custom Gun Works in Broomfield, Co. It took him several months as I wasn't the first one in line, but the work he did was very good.
    I wish I believed in reincarnation. Where's Charles "The Hammer" Martel when you need him?

www.bagpipeforum.com
    yes, I play the bagpipes. No, I don't wear a skirt. It's called a kilt.

Some of the smartest people I've known were "dumb hillbillies".

Deleted
    Sixshooter
    NRA Life Member
    StraightShaving

Colorado gun smith is a thread post shared in the month of September, 2010 by the new member on the joining date of 2010 as well. Question here is to recommend a good 1911 gun smith anywhere in the resume writer Colorado with the appreciate information.

One more style which functions admirably on any size is prints. Hefty estimated ladies were told for a really long time to sexy plus size jumpsuits remain far away from the look when they ought to have accepted them. It might appear to be mind boggling, however prints work for each body type.

assuming you are in open clash with your youngsters' other parent, any subsequent harm to your kids can be relieved good parenting styles when you can deal with your feelings and how much your disunity heightens, especially when the kids are close by.

The truth is, this is an incredible time for creators just as creator side distributing legal counselors and amusement lawyers, and seo-toronto/ they ought to hold onto the occasion. The way that "industry-standard" meanings of the electronic right and advanced right still can't seem to

They might decide to restrict their postings to traditional print telephone promoting catalogs, or general web-based registry postings. Keep in mind that Comprehensive Dentistry suppliers ordinarily give Family and Implants Perth Preventive Dentistry administrations, notwithstanding their more extensive scope of administrations.

This isn't is business as usual, obviously, as the foundation of a full-scale interpretation organization is a https://awkward-media.com/service/seo-toronto/ quantum jump contrasted with the stuff with send off a feasible independent practice.