Thread: Wallet "Concealer" holster

On the Road, somewhere in the good ol' U.S. of A.

Wallet "Concealer" holster

Hi, all. Just wanted to show you a holster I made recently for my Ruger LCP. I usually carry in my right hip pocket, and have made a couple of wallet holsters in the past for my Kel-Tec P-32. The Ruger, however, is just a hair longer than the Kel-Tec and tended to show somewhat in some of my trousers which have shorter pockets. Of course, the simple answer is to lengthen the pockets, but I decided to take a different approach.

This holster is made from thin lining leather with an outer skin of Dura-Shark neoprene material generously given to me by another member. The Dura-Shark is very "sticky" and absolutely keeps the holster positioned in my pocket. I added a flap of ostrich-embossed pigskin, so anyone looking down into my pocket will see a nondescript leather wallet or pouch of some kind, not a gun. Thought it might give y'all some ideas.

Violence is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and valorous feeling which believes that nothing is worth violence is much worse. Those who have nothing for which they are willing to fight; nothing they care about more than their own personal safety; are miserable creatures who have no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of those better than themselves. Gary L. Griffiths, Chief Instructor, Advanced Force Tactics, Inc. (Paraphrasing John Stuart Mill)

Ingenious, but are you sure it is not a AOW?

If the handgun must be drawn to fire it, then the holster isn't an AOW.

okay, i give. what's an AOW?
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

AOW

Any Other Weapon, a BATFE classification of regulated items that require a much lesser fee than 200 dollars.
    When the going gets tough the tough get cyclic!
    "The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf

Nice!

Here's on I made as a bit of an experiment. In my back pocket it feels like a wallet, or I can wear it on my belt.

Administrator   
    Yeah, there was a nfty wallet holster made years ago, for a derringer, IIRC, that the entire holster was pulled and the gun was fired from it. ATFE thought that was unfair to bad guys, and classified it an AOW, putting under NFA '34.
    Good beginning, sir, hope to see more stuff from you soon!
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

Any Other Weapon, a BATFE classification of regulated items that require a much lesser fee than 200 dollars.
    $5 transfer tax, but same amount of paperwork.
    Send lawyers, guns, and money . . .

Here's on I made as a bit of an experiment. In my back pocket it feels like a wallet, or I can wear it on my belt.
    Very nice! Kudos!
    Jamie

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

Both of the holsters here are legal as the gun has to be removed from the holster to fire. This one allows the gun to be fire from the holster and is a AOW requiring a stamp...

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. - The Declaration of Independance