Thread: Holster to make a Kahr disapear?

Holster to make a Kahr disapear?

I will soon be getting a new CW-9 as a solution to a smaller ccw.

Currently I carry a 4 inch XD in a Crossbreed supertuck, on a crossbreed belt. I am very pleased with the comfort and quality, but in the very physical job I have it tends to print badly no matter how I adjust it. When I bend over there it is, sticking out like 3 or 4 inches from my back.

So I will need a holster or 2 that can really make the little CW9 vanish under a t-shirt. Needs to not stick out away from the body, and not be visible if my shirt rides up to show my belt.

Smart Carry is not an option
    Not convinced on ankle carry yet
    shoulder rigs will not work, even in the winter, as I remove my coat in customers' houses.

Thank you all in advance
    "Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
    -Adlai Stevenson

I can't name a specific brand/model, but it sounds as though you're looking for a tuckable, IWB holster, worn in the appendix position. With a short sidearm (Kahr, snub revolver, etc.) that is a very viable carry location.

I think the Kahr would be fine in a CB ST once you adjust cant and ride height.

Have you adjusted cant/height on the ohne you have?

And are you being searched, or are you just worried about printing? Because nobody is looking for you to have anything in particular most of the time, if they did spot "something" on your belt, why would they think it was a gun?
    DON'T PANIC

I'll second the line that bigfatdave is working down. Try some "free" adjustments before you go spending on new leather.

You say you're in customers houses, are you a salesman or a workman? If the latter would a toolbelt or other bat-belt kind of gear be out of place?

Instead of hiding under a t-shirt, what about a tuckable holster? It both holds your gun and keeps your shirt tucked in and down over your gun.

I have tried adjusting cant and height, it is uncomfortable right on the side of my hip, and on my back, when I bend over to lift it sticks out pretty far, and it is obvious that it is a gun.

No I am not being searched.
    I am a "Workman" but a tool belt would be out of place and damage the product, as would my belt buckle if I tuck.

Is appendix on the apex of my hip?

With my CB it is very comfortable and stable, but a $12 holster is more concielable, It just rubs me and is not stable or secure.

What about small of back holsters? They look like the gun sits upside down above the belt?
    "Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
    -Adlai Stevenson

I carry my CW9 in a Comp-Tac M-Tac holster -- which is very similar to your Crossbreed supertuck.

I had to experiment a lot with position, cant and height.

I get excellent concealment with the holster positioned at 3:00 (on the apex of the hip), canted forward at about 25 degrees, and set as low as possible. This also works well when sitting in a chair, or seat belted into a car.

If I move it back to 4:00 (behind the apex of the hip) then the butt of the gun sticks out when I bend over.

The appendix position was suggested. This is in front of your hip, at about 2:00, a little to the right of your navel. This position is becoming increasingly popular and can conceal very well. But it doesn't work for me for two reasons: (1) I wear my belt very low across my hips (below waist level) and when I sit there's no space between the bottom of the belt and my thigh for a gun barrel to extend. If you wear your belt at waist level this may not be a problem. (2) I have a (small) roll of fat that sticks out in front and extends past the belt. This pushes the butt of a gun worn in appendix position out away from the belt; tilting it away from my body. I mention these points to help you consider whether appendix carry would work for you.

The absolute best concealment I've obtained is with a 5.11 Tactical holster undershirt; but this shirt has some tradeoffs: (1) It's seams are a little scratchy, so you might have to wear a T-shirt under it. (2) It's a compression shirt, and you might not feel comfortable with how tightly it hugs you. (3) The entry hole is high on the chest, so your outer shirt has to break open in front or be loose and stretchy enough that you can pull the hem way up with the off hand so that you can get your gun hand into the entry opening.

Hope some of these points help. Good luck.

jpsimms,

Please read this review...

http://fromchaoscomescreation.blogsp...label/holsters

The girl who wrote the review managed to conceal an M&P (9mm, I think it was) under a *tank top*...without printing.

I make those holsters...link is in the review. I make that specific holster for pistols as small as a Ruger LCP, to a full-size 1911, and everything in between.

Regards,

AP
    Last edited by Angry Patriot; October 21st, 2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: typo

Thank you for the explanation mfcmb, that makes sense to me.

Ok, so apendix carry is probably out. I cant have anything on the front of me when I lift, it would be painful lifting a 300 lb piece of furniture with the gun between it and me.

On the side of my hip may work with the new smaller gun, but the XD gave me a good sore spot after a day of work. I may have had the belt too tight, but I dont want it to move around

Angry Patriot, I have checked out the fugly online briefly.

Does anyone have good experiences with ankle carry or other alternative carry locations? Pocket holster?

I really dont know what will work, but dont have money to try 6 different kinds to find out. Thanks
    -Adlai Stevenson

I've used a concealment shirt like this before. Works like a shoulder holster, but goes under your normal shirt. It's concealed well for me, but I had a different brand that itched along the seams.
    ========================
    "Just slow it down. I'll shoot Hitler out the window." -- Prof. Hubert J. Farnsworth

That is a good thought. does $70 seem high though?
    -Adlai Stevenson

I use a Clipdraw on my K9 during 'summer' carry. No one is the wiser.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: (1) the free; and (2) food animals.

-Aristodemus

chris do you use it in a front pocket, back pocket or IWB?
    -Adlai Stevenson

I park my PM9 in a Tucker Silent Thunder and it almost disappears. See link in signature line for pics. It does cost a bit more but really works well.

PS: Well my sig line doesn't seem to appear. You can find pics Here.
    Last edited by OldLincoln; October 22nd, 2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: PS:

I second the idea of playing with the adjustment on your Crossbreed. That's generally considered an excellent concealment holster. If you wear it a little behind the hip and maximize the cant (point the muzzle back), that tends to pull the butt of the grip in toward your body and minimize printing. You might also check out the Kholster, which is a similar concept but is designed for the maximum of adjustability. I pretty much copied these holsters when I made my own, which hides my big ol' GP100 amazingly well.

I do agree that the CB is a great holster, but spendy. I am getting a smaller gun for the type of work I do, and don't think I want to put out the extra cash for an other Crossbreed
    -Adlai Stevenson