Thread: barrel p1853

barrel p1853

does anyone know where I can source a rifled barrel for a p1853

http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info....oducts_id/2422

IMA brought back a bunch of Nepalese guns and their 1853's were built back then. They are of Nepalese manufacture, so if you are looking for a British barrel......well, these won't interest you. But I have dealt several times with IMA and they are first rate people.

Can't think of any other ready source of period barrels, but Dixie Gunworks has several manufacturers making new guns to more or less original pattern. They will set you back a bit, and you get a new stock with the barrel!

Oh, welcome to THR.

mines is a nepalize enfeild,that doesnt bother me ,i bought it from atlanta cutelry advertized as a rifled musket . As I was looking a rifle musket thats why I bought it only to find out it was an advertising error and they didnt have any rifled barrels to send me, instread i got 50 dollar refund. the shipping cost to me was 150dollars plus 30 dollars tax at this end!any how ima cant garantee that a parts gun will have rifiling in barrel and they wont check before shipping so i cant take that risk again. a new barrel will require the gun to have a fire arms licence here in ireland so thats out .end result i need to source period barrel , any assistance appreciated

Your best off having the original barrel relined. Dan Whitacer in Winchester, Virginny relines anything War of Northern Aggression. He also make completes barrel to the original spec's. If it's a new barrel ye seek I'd send my old one to him and he'll copy the same contours so it'll drop right in your stock.

Either way you go you can't beat his work. We shot his barrels inn live fire competition in the N-SSA www.n-sssa.org and his barrels hold many records. The link below is to his website and there are prices on there also. Great guy to talk with on the phone as well. Tell him Pat Kelly said Hey.

http://www.whitacresmachineshop.com/

Hope this helps ya out,
    Pat "PJ" Kelly
    7th Regt. Virginny Vol. Inf.
    N-SSA #5795V

WWW.N-SSA.ORG