Thread: 1942 33/40 dot

1942 33/40 dot

Hello came across a 33/40 for sale can not find to much info or pricing on this rifle it has a fancy stock,the barrel stops almost at the end of the front stock piece i found a picture of it mauser m series 33/40 sporting rifle i believe can anyone tell me anything about this and maybe guide me to a better picture or info on this thanks whunara@yahoo.com

dot German code for Waffenwerke Brunn, Brunn plant, Czechoslovakia. Sounds like a ful Mannlicur stock. If the work was professionally done then might be a worth something. However, its been sporterized so no collectors value.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11',14',17' & 18'

"...Mannlicur stock..." Mannlicher?
    Does sound like a bubba'd 33/40 dot
    carbine. The 'dot' indicates it was made in the Brno plant, in Czechoslovakia.
    Non-bubba'd rifles command a large chunk of money depending on condition. $900ish and way up.
    Sporterized they aren't worth much more than any other like rifle. Mind you, rumour has it that the receiver alone can bring $400 to $600.

Thank you ill try to post some pictures the only online picture i found was when i googled rifles of the world and the third sight that came up was a book by John Walter 2006 i scrolled down after i clicked on it and there were three rifles in a row art 674 was the one im looking to buy the problem is a family member of the person selling it googled it as 33/40 and it came back 1200 or more value the thing is they never saw the rifle and are thinking it is a military one instead of a sport one. I like it but dont want to over pay problem is i know nothing about guns value.