View Poll Results: In your opinion, did Oleg win or lose?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • He won.

6 50.00%
  • He lost.

6 50.00%

Thread: Gun Rights Media

Gun Rights Media

I apologize in advance.
    The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my concealed weapons permit, period!
    Ted Nugent

Win and lose are no longer really concepts in play in the US Civil Courts system once you get over the level of paying to replace a broken window.. There is only outfiling and outfunding the other guy. That Mr. Volk got anything other than a massive lawyer bill could be considered a victory of quite a significant magnitude if one must view it in those terms.

I'm waiting for more from Mr Volk on the subject, but my impression (as of now with what I've read so far) is that everyone involved cut losses and backed off.

And, as posting on the .org site no longer maintains Mr Volk's interests by keeping a forum going, I'll be visiting there less ... I've had enough of the repetitive threads and general derp over there.
    DON'T PANIC

I've been lurking for quite a while, waiting for the whole thing to pan out before creating an account...

IMHO the name of "The High Road" is tainted now. The over-moderation and general pissing contests at .org have overshadowed what good there was.

Oleg has decided on a new vision, and new direction. Make no mistake.. whoever won would have gotten both domain names.
    He dumped the sinking ship that was THR, and is moving on. Hopefully with a large sum.

Undoubtedly, some people in the current community won't jive with the new activism and rights focus. They have said they "just want to talk about guns"... While this kind of mentality baffles me, to each their own.

I don't see why people who "just want to talk about guns" would be adversely affected by activist proponents. Looking at the homepage... There are plenty of gun talk topics... only one activist topic... If you have zero interest in activism, what's wrong with sticking to the chat threads?

I for one love the vision, and hope to see more people fighting to preserve and enhance our rights.
    MN PTC & NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Shotshell + Metallic Reloading, RSO)
    Certified Glock Armorer

Minnesota Carry Permit - My Blog - Minnesota Outdoors Forum

Where's the option-
    "Don't have enough information and doesn't matter anyways"?
    Jahwarrior said: I could've given them my ID, but I am right, and obstinate about being so. so, yes,I could've ended it by just cooperating, but that would have hypocritical, lazy, and cowardly.

Administrator   
    Quote Originally Posted by robdoar
    Looking at the homepage... There are plenty of gun talk topics... only one activist topic
    As I've pointed out in the other "Who is GRM?" thread, the subforum landscape can change at the admin's whims.
    "Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

Home | Forum | Blog | ❏ PicPaste | ImgDump |☎ Nalioth

the subforum landscape can change at the admin's whims.
    They can also change the background to Chippendale's dancers.... There's infinite speculation.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Administrator   
    Quote Originally Posted by robdoar
    Quote Originally Posted by nalioth
    the subforum landscape can change at the admin's whims.
    They can also change the background to Chippendale's dancers.... There's infinite speculation.
    From reading the announcement from Oleg, I doubt the setup is going to stay "THR style".
    "Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

Home | Forum | Blog | ❏ PicPaste | ImgDump |☎ Nalioth

I doubt the setup is going to stay "THR style".
    So they are changing the background to Chippendale's dancers?
    Certified Glock Armorer

I didn't vote because it's pointless and unconstructive. It is what it is.

Yes, a poll about opinions on something that we know nothing about.

I'll pass on pointless speculation.
    Jamie

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher