Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Democratic Underground

Democratic Underground

I have been visiting the forum called Democratic Underground. I have been reading some threads over there. The threads containing gun issues may suprise some of you guys. There are quite a few pro gunners over there. I have thrown my 0.02 around in hopes it will make a difference. I would suggest anyone that can stomach some of the anti gun rhetoric w/o blowing up and getting banned visit and troll for some anti talk and then interject some sensible pro gun arguements.

This is activism and doing this would further our cause for RKBA.
    Brandon

Take a kid shooting. They are the future.

Overall, the pro-gunners will not make a great impact at DUNG. The reason is philosophy. DUNG is primarily made up of collectivists. Because collectivism runs counter to human nature, the collectivist must force humans to what he knows is best for them. It is really tough forcing someone to do what they don't want to do when they have the means to counter that force.

Witness the democide perpetrated by collectivists in the 20th century.
    "There is no lie too grotesque, too stupid, or too base for leftist extremists to retell." -- Standing Wolf

Posted from my Ubuntu machine.

Administrator   
    People have tried countering some of the garbage over there, but are summarily banned and posts removed for simply expressing their opinion. DU ain't for me.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

OK, Brandon, I'll try it and report back.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

This sort of thread gets started around these parts every few months.

So a place that calls itself "democratic" doesn't allow differing opinions?

Just like any other place that tries to make itself sound free, like those Democratic Republics and People's Republics, or any other variation. You disagree and write a thoughtful and well written statement of fact, they silence you.
    "Lenin at least had an excuse for his mindlessness: he died of syphillis." - Standing Wolf
    "Remember, Remember The Fifth of November!"
    "It's not my Goal in life to be appropriate."

My first visit was brief and not very interesting. I'll try again a few times before I draw any conclusions.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

I have only seen a couple of threads with anti gun sentiment in them. They seem to be really hung up on the SOTU right now.

I still think its a worthy bit of activism.

Thats the spirit Paul. I am sure it wont be long before a liberal member throws out a senseless opinion on firearms.

If you find one post back here with a link and we will spray them with facts and not opinions.
    Brandon

Nah, I have enough folks who disagree with me here.
    I don't need more dissent.

Here is one right here where some antis are bashing hi cap mags.

Lets jump on them.
    Brandon

I think they already banned me.
    Brandon

You disagree and write a thoughtful and well written statement of fact, they silence you.
    I've seen that happen on a few high traffic gun forums, too.
    "There is no lie too grotesque, too stupid, or too base for leftist extremists to retell." -- Standing Wolf

Posted from my Ubuntu machine.

I think they already banned me.
    You appear to have been tombstoned

Give it a week clear your cookies and next time don't post outside the gungeon
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

If I got banned for personal attacks then they must have handed out a dozen or so. Perhaps it was just me talking my pro gun rhetoric.

This was an interesting experience for me. I have never dealt with hardcore antis before. They seem to get very angry when you show them facts and brush off their statements as "their opinion".

I have a thread going in our General gun discussion with some anti gun videos I gathered up from youtube. Of course I have McCarthy's shoulder thing interview where Tucker sets her straight. The antis over there were brainwashed into some crazy beliefs.

This one in particular , I cant remember her screen name now. She said we ned to ban armor piercing bullets and those guns that can shoot down an airliner. So I said post a link to where the public can buy AP ammo. Her response was "dumbass".

No logical explanation at all. Just "I saw this video clip where somebody said a 50 BMG rifle can take down a 747". Speaking of clips , the thread was discussing banning 30 rd clips. I explained to them that clips dont come in a 30rd genre. Yhey come in 5's and 10's.

Now if I felt strongly enough that something needed to be banned. I would at least know what I was talking about before I jumped head first into a debate about it.
    Brandon

http://www.democraticunderground.com...mesg_id=283413

Here is the thread. Everywhere it says post deleted is where I was posting. They are running from the truth. They deleted my stuff, but , let everyother post including the one where I was being called a dumbass stand. Unbelievable.
    Brandon

There is a reason it is called Democratic Underground. They have their heads in the ground.

I only know one hardcore liberal democrat, but she's on our side when it comes to guns. She can get quite scary when you try to have a good discussion, I guess that's why she's an immigration attorney.
    "Lenin at least had an excuse for his mindlessness: he died of syphillis." - Standing Wolf
    "Remember, Remember The Fifth of November!"
    "It's not my Goal in life to be appropriate."

In the Peoples Republic of Maryland in the Grand Soviet of Goucher College
    You've be surprised how many pro-gun people are Liberals and Democrats.

Quote:
    You disagree and write a thoughtful and well written statement of fact, they silence you.
    I've seen that happen on a few high traffic gun forums, too.
    Reminds me of why I'm no longer with TFL...
    Resident Liberal

Zombie thread alert.
    Jamie

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

Yeah Jamie, this one has been dead for a while. It was a noble effort I put forth, but , they silenced me.
    Brandon

Lexington,North Carolina...or thereabouts
    The next time you hear the .50 caliber/airplane sheepdip...call their attention to the footage of the heavy German bombers coming in for a landing fairly riddled with bullet holes from the American fighters armed with multiple.50 Browning machineguns, and ask them if they really believe that a lone rifleman with a semi-auto or bolt-action .50 caliber rifle...firing from the ground...has a prayer of downing a modern airliner. Then step back and watch'em lose their collective cools. It's pretty entertaining.
    Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.
    --Your faithful dog

http://www.collierescue.net/available/index.html

To see my real work:

http://www.pets-r-great.org:80/magaz...ue1/cover.html

The next time you hear the .50 caliber/airplane sheepdip...
    And yet... many planes were shot down with .50 caliber rounds. Some even with .30 cal.

It would take a very unlucky shot, but I think a .50 could shoot down an airliner. A 767 is not a B-17 or an Me-109. They were not designed to take battle damage. During take-off a couple of .50 rounds going through the right pump or computer... or the right seat could cause enough trouble to cause the plane to stall and fall.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Lexington,North Carolina...or thereabouts
    Did you even read what I wrote, Lib?

I'll try again. Simplified version.

Even the JU88...arguably the worst heavy bomber that Germany flew...had a 30% survival rate after a Thunderbolt or P51 attack.
    Footage of them landing after crossing the English Channel, with wing and fuselage material flapping in the wind...crippled, but still aloft...and capable of landing.

Given that...what are the chances of a lone rifleman firing a semi-auto with an 8-round capacity...of bringing down a modern 747 firing from the ground? The chances against him even hitting it are off the scale...much less knocking it down with one or two rounds.

You can safely file this sort of...sheepdip...in the "Ain't gonna happen" column.
    Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.
    --Your faithful dog

http://www.collierescue.net/available/index.html

To see my real work:

http://www.pets-r-great.org:80/magaz...ue1/cover.html

During take-off a couple of .50 rounds going through the right pump or computer... or the right seat could cause enough trouble to cause the plane to stall and fall.
    By the same token, during take off releasing doves to be sucked into the turbines would also down an airliner. And much more dependably. Let me see, you have an 8 to 9 pound rifle trying to hit a man-sized target either blind or through the deflection of a plexiglass window all the while moving at relative high speeds.

And while it is true that fighters did shoot down enemy aircraft if the 50 is such a dependable aircraft killer then why did we lose so many B-29s and B-17s which were bristling with 50 cal machine guns front, rear and both sides until the development of the long range fighter that could give fighter support over Germany?

My .303 Enfield will easily kill a goose, provided the operator can hit it. A goose in the water is likely to be dinner with the Enfield. A goose in the air is just going to wonder what the whizzing sound 5 yards behind it is. In conclusion- there ain't no magic bullet no matter what the caliber may be.
    Last edited by Selena; November 15th, 2011 at 11:48 AM.

I got kicked out of there...they don't like Blue Steel Dems much.
    http://armedliberalinmo.blogspot.com/
    Bowers v. DeVito "...there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered."
    Member of the Liberal Gun Club