Thread: Knife Of The Day - Buck 111

Knife Of The Day - Buck 111

Today's knife is brought to you by Buck Knives.

But first, a look at the factory in Post Falls, Idaho . . .

And now for the knife, the Buck 111:

Shown here, below a Buck 927, the Buck 111 has a rosewood handle and nickel silver bolsters. Notice that the 111 has no visible rivets. The Buck 110, on the other hand, has brass bolsters and exposed rivets.

Here we have the Buck 111 shown with it's brother, the Buck 110 (and a 927, just for variety). Again, compare the bolsters and riveting.

Here's a matched pair of Buck 111s. One I still have, the other I gave as a gift to the mechanic who did such a great job of looking after our cars when we lived in Carson City.

Here they are again, showing a close-up of the signed blades (Chuck Buck and C.J. Buck):

Daughter: "Dad, how do I know who's a real friend?"
    Me: "A friend is someone who cares how your life turns out."

"Truth is a dangerous thing: once found, you must never turn your back on it." -- gh@c2

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe." -- gh@c2

Way cool. I have a long admiration for Buck knives, and will definitely drop in there when I'm out that way.

Parker

Never knew they made a 111, I have a several rivet less buck 110's and they are marked 110's?. However they do have special handles, white bone. horn and Apple Coral

Oops

Ron, you are actually correct, the knives above are actually a special edition 110.

I happen to have a 111 made for the Cabela's grand opening in Post Falls. It has a Idaho-shaped cut-out in the blade, making it a display-only piece.

It actually has visible rivets, and the same blade and lock as the 110, but the handle curvature is subtly different, and the (nickel-silver) bolsters have a decidedly different profile angle and curve.

Here's a picture of a 111 without the cut-out:

Mine has the Idaho cut-out and has four rivets instead of the two shown above.

Good call, Ron.

Attached Images Attached Images

Daughter: "Dad, how do I know who's a real friend?"
    Me: "A friend is someone who cares how your life turns out."

"Truth is a dangerous thing: once found, you must never turn your back on it." -- gh@c2

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe." -- gh@c2

Interesting post! For a long time, I kept a 121 in the drawer. And, eventually discovered what the discontinued knife was worth in excellent condition. So, I let it go to the highest bidder...
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

Hello, I would like to ask about some special kitchen knives to cut meat directly from the canal is that they brought me a deer trunk and the truth is I do not know what to cut it with and among my searches I visit this source and I saw that they sold special kitchen knives they do not know If those knives serve me or I have to look for other more professional ones.

Never knew they made a 111, I have a several rivet less buck 110's and they are marked 110's?. However they do have special handles, white bone. horn and Apple Coral. | Concrete Driveways