Thread: Happy Easter

Smile Happy Easter

During the high Holy Days I wish all of you, both parent and child, has the blessing of family.

Tomorrow the traveling carnival I call a family will all meet at my brother's house where we will feast on the bounty God has allowed our farm to provide us. The children will search for the assault eggs (these are eggs that have had the insides removed, dyed, then refilled with either Jello or pudding. The kids tend to throw them at each other.) while the adults catch up with each others lives. Later the men will gather at my brother's rifle range for a good natured if not serious competition. I predict there will be 40 rifles, about 20 handguns and one lonely shotgun going off and despite the warnings of the Brady Bunch, not one will go berserk and kill the children. However, should a coyote stick it's head up wondering what all the noise is about, may God have mercy on him for I assure you, the riflemen will not.

I hope that God will bless you and yours in the coming year as befitting the awesome sacrifice he made for us.
    Last edited by Selena; April 7th, 2012 at 06:27 PM.

It is Easter? So soon?

Huh.

Happy Easter to all of you. It will be a quiet one here -- all the kids will be coming to visit over the next three months, but one at a time according to their various work and vacation schedules....

May God bless you all in your own way.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

Passover

For those who mark such things . . .

This year hosts a rare event: the concurrence of Passover with Easter.

It doesn't happen often. They are not similar events and they celebrate very different things, but they're both important in their native contexts.

I've heard some descriptions like "it's a good omen," though I have no grasp of why that would be.

In any case, Happy Celebratory Concurrence.

And a Happy Easter. There is a lesson that is embedded in the Easter story, and it's one that's often missed. For those whose eyes and minds are open, however, it's there to be seen.

Hint: nothing to do with rabbits, eggs, and chocolate.

Daughter: "Dad, how do I know who's a real friend?"
    Me: "A friend is someone who cares how your life turns out."

"Truth is a dangerous thing: once found, you must never turn your back on it." -- gh@c2

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe." -- gh@c2

Happy Easter and/or Passover to everybody!
    I took my daughter to the range today and got some trigger time. I built my own target frame to hang some fun stuff. Not Easter eggs but they were colorful and they went SPLAT!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everybody spread love

Smile Christ is risen!

And Happy Passover! And appropriate hail to anyone I missed.

Don't forget, Dyngus Day is Monday!

I have to work this afternoon, so no Easter for me. But, the wife made a duck with cherry sauce last night so I ate entirely too much and still feel "Eastery" this morning.

Easter

Happy Easter to all of you.

We had actual sunshine today. There's still snow on the local peaks, and some of the lakes are licking the edges of the roadways that encircle them.

Birds of all sorts, especially waterfowl, are everywhere -- swimming, walking, flying, diving.

We took a drive. We didn't see any bunnies, chocolate or otherwise. No eggs other than what we ate for breakfast. And no baskets of persistent Easter grass that defy the vacuum.

We will be having rib eye steak for dinner, cooked out back on the grill. mine will be fairly rare.

While it won't be for everyone, I wrote an Easter thing. It's probably not something that you'd hear from your local priest/minister/vicar.

In any event, I hope you all had a worthwhile and enjoyable Easter.

Daughter: "Dad, how do I know who's a real friend?"
    Me: "A friend is someone who cares how your life turns out."

"Truth is a dangerous thing: once found, you must never turn your back on it." -- gh@c2

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe." -- gh@c2

I liked it. Thanks for sharing.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

And since the OP is eating the granite pizza and it's not nearly that time of year we'll let this one sink slowly into the abyss
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder