Thread: Big fat mag carriers?

Big fat mag carriers?

I'm transitioning into CCW-ing a full size double stack pistol, and, while the pistol's fine to carry AND conceal, the extra magazine is a pain.

I know there are many of you who have been doing this for years. What do you use to keep an extra mag for your bigboy bullets (I think there's a bit of a difference in 9mm and 40 compared to 10 and 45 in sheer bulk).

I used a normal magazine carrier, I think it's a Bianchi. People don't pay any attention
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

Administrator   
    I have a flattened mag carrier from a now defuct manufacturer that also has a high sweat shield, making it perfect for summer time carry under a t-shirt. 99% of mag carries made today stand away from the belt and do not offer sweat protection. You have to look for one that will work for you, or buy 5.11 pants and use the built in spare mag pocket.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

Tucker gunleather and CrossBreed both make pretty good double IWB carriers, I have one of each, the CB is for an XD45 and the Tucker is for 1911 magazines, but there's no reason the design wouldn't work on something fatter.
    DON'T PANIC

If you're talking leather, I kinda like DeSantis mag carriers.
    I've tried High Noon and Galco, but prefer both the size and construction of DeSantis better.

The DeSantis seems to have a bit more of a shrink-wrap design to it - the others I've tried are not quite as compact, and due to thier overlapping leather design / construction on the dual-mag models, I couldn't adjust to get equal tension on both mags.

The DeSantis dual-mag pouches I can adjust for the same tension on both mags.

DeSantis can be found at Optics Planet - free shipping on orders over $29.95, and you can find coupons online for 5% off with no problem (OPIV5OF).

I would have provided links, but since the 'upgrade' here, sometimes stuff in here seems to work, sometimes it doesn't!

You can do a search at Optics Planet for DeSantis Pouches.
    It only becomes class warfare when the working class decides to fight back.
    When they don't, it simply becomes a case of economic genocide.
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

Depends allot if you're talking IWB or OWB carry. When I carry strong side IWB a double column mag is a pain in the side for me inside waistband on off side. No problem if carrying a single stack 1911 mag however. My option is to carry outside on the belt a double stacked mag pouch with the IWB holster. Since I'm wearing a covering garment over the gun the mag pouch doesnt' extend below the belt either. My prefered mag pouches are from Old El Paso Saddlery (1911 and M9).

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11',14',17' & 18'

I have a Triple K given to me by a friend that I carry sometimes for the XD45. It looks like a Gerber Multitool pouch if anyone looks that close.

The rest of the time I carry my spare mag in my left front or left rear pocket. Depends on what I'm wearing and were I'm going.

jim
    Commom sense isn't very common anymore.